Welcome Guest ( Log In  ·  Register)

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > »  
Reply to this topicStart Poll
Voobly Balance Patch 5.0 Is Live!, Good Luck & Have Fun!
[ Standard ] · Linear+
TOAO_ChronoJJ
post Mar 30 2021, 06:34 AM
Post #31

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

Group: Staff Alumni

Submissions: None

Member No.: 549

It's a decent patch. Would like to see a few different things, but everyone has own opinions and such is life. On paper it looks better than 4.0. Not perfect, but find any game with perfect balance. Then consider this is all volunteer with almost no stats/data to work with. Sure there are some specific map/god issues, but how to truly balance a game with 12 gods and widely varied maps. Other games like this use pick/bans in tournaments to fix such situations. So it's up to tourney hosts to provide the best environment.

Map changes are probably the most underappreciated thing here, I know from trying to work on maps in the past that there were a decent amount of behind-the-scenes spawn issues. So to see them fixed is really good. Rebel is the master. Special thanks to Rebel and Ippert for doing the unfun job of text work and uploading. It takes alot of time, and the two of them have put in many hours over the years.

This post has been edited by TOAO_ChronoJJ: Mar 30 2021, 06:36 AM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KoN_Meathook
post Mar 30 2021, 08:12 AM
Post #32

General
Group Icon

Group: Members

Member No.: 9,465

Nice to see something new. Agree with Suppe, greeks should benefint greatly from the hero cost changes! And my oh my, the return of the true GOAT god of AoT, Isis, with anc+ecl back to full power?? j4cj3 should have his jar ready for their tears.

I do believe that this patch is very conservative and that this meatloaf of a game would benefit from more bold changes. In the past I was against any changes at all to 1.03, but now that we have come this far I no longer see any reason to try to please every hater (or member of the patch team for that matter) by making the changes almost irrelevant in their passiveness.

Anyhow, thank you for the work and a special thanks to ippert for his resilience over time. He came out of nowhere and is very valuable to us all. The same for rebelrising, we love you.

Are the guys behind the patch still under NSA protection or have we finally reached a point where transparency of process is seen as something positive. If the latter is the case, who are they?

This post has been edited by KoN_Meathook: Mar 30 2021, 08:14 AM

+Quote Post
kletmestickit
post Mar 30 2021, 08:24 AM
Post #33

Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 124,443

good patch but pls ban marcelo sp
UN GROS CONARD QUI TRICHE !!!! A STUPID CHEATER !!!!

+Quote Post
Cloud2
post Mar 30 2021, 09:06 AM
Post #34

Private
Group Icon

Member No.: 124,452

IM satisfied with this patch at first,is going in a good way.But i need to admit is not perfect,there are some things what needs to be fixed:

Mercs nerf is ok,but if you will revert nerf of set/isis(isis almost like unpatch) u need to reduce(atleast a bit) their speed cause their push will be insane.

Cronos god choice options are very bad right now,idk if through a major god bonus(like zeus favor bonus,oranos speed) is possible to put bonusses for hyperion like 4.0,making both oranos and cronos hyperion differents and balanced for both

Lord of horses,i think this is they forgot about this,but still a extra change than a priority.

Eggy repair rate,and more now because siphon is nerfed,just imagine how tryhard u need to be to take down ra tc,with petrobolos as well(need atleast 3 to constat dmg) .Ippert is saying it may be possible so i dont see the problem

If you truly care about water map balance,nerfing tirreme range,then u MUST do something with anatolia eggy,is something that cant be handle on only one side,need BOTH to real balance and more with isis almost unpatch strength

These are the changes,if they are added i can truly can say this game is almost greatly balance,they're general ones so its not about me beign care about specific god .

+Quote Post
Junius
post Mar 30 2021, 09:43 AM
Post #35

Corporal
Group Icon

Member No.: 121,690

"• Gaia - Heroes are now 30% cheaper (excluding favor)"

<3

+Quote Post
EricBR
post Mar 30 2021, 10:18 AM
Post #36

Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 121,691

We honestly need a big patch to change meta, as we saw in decent post by drako, that idk why ppl closed it, this patches are making the game so boring to be played, the meta is tc and boom, the point to change things isnt at all Just balance things, the point is make the game good to be played, and its not, in future we will have a mirror map, we not so far from this

+Quote Post
NyanRacingCat
post Mar 30 2021, 12:51 PM
Post #37

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 68,492

QUOTE(TOAO_ChronoJJ @ Mar 30 2021, 03:34 AM)
It's a decent patch. Would like to see a few different things, but everyone has own opinions and such is life. On paper it looks better than 4.0. Not perfect, but find any game with perfect balance. Then consider this is all volunteer with almost no stats/data to work with. Sure there are some specific map/god issues, but how to truly balance a game with 12 gods and widely varied maps. Other games like this use pick/bans in tournaments to fix such situations. So it's up to tourney hosts to provide the best environment.

Map changes are probably the most underappreciated thing here, I know from trying to work on maps in the past that there were a decent amount of behind-the-scenes spawn issues. So to see them fixed is really good. Rebel is the master. Special thanks to Rebel and Ippert for doing the unfun job of text work and uploading. It takes alot of time, and the two of them have put in many hours over the years.

Unless they are planning to make changes after the league, this patch is a concern for me as it could stay for a long time since many players are going to move to AOE 4 when it released.

They could have made more changes on the low-tier and high-tier Gods and make adjustments base on the league. It is very clear which Gods are the best pick in the coming league, it will still be Egy and Greek with Ora again. Everyone still has to ban Medit vs Greek players and Aanaotolia vs Egy players, as those matchups are not fixed.

Everyone seems to like the idea of Trireme range reduction, it didn't go through.
Great idea like Anatolia 50% 1 gold mines was not considered.
Kro pure nerfed when almost everyone thinks it is a weaker God. Changes like buffing Atlas and Rheia could be easily added without buffing Ora.
Last Minutes changes on Heracles and Achilles were not even necessary when Ora/Egy are nerfed, and it covers their weakest especially against Norse.

This post has been edited by NyanRacingCat: Mar 30 2021, 01:05 PM

+Quote Post
KeeN_baller
post Mar 30 2021, 01:11 PM
Post #38

Major-General
Group Icon

Member No.: 79,010

not enough fun changes to make the game more fun. really take a look at EE balance. theres a reason many people play there even though its laggy as poopie. cause its fun to play. we shouldnt try to aim to be this super competitive esport community. we're too small. first the game needs to be fun to play.

when I come on voobly all I have in my head is abusing the mosy broken thing I can think of. on EE ill do fun strats and win games with it cause it's viable.

+Quote Post
KeeN_baller
post Mar 30 2021, 01:14 PM
Post #39

Major-General
Group Icon

why are cyclops not being buffed? whys there no new map rotation? can we rework 4fun maps like vinlandsaga, sudden death. add more stuff to it more variations. make the game fun? add new stuff to maps.

honestly the last fun patch on voobly was 1.4 where fenris wolves were insanely broken along with satyrs + hero contarious. People were making new strats and the meta was shaken to its core.

+Quote Post
KeeN_baller
post Mar 30 2021, 01:16 PM
Post #40

Major-General
Group Icon

lets see walking woods become the new meta, buff the crap out of it. lets make water myth units way cheaper. the days of the scylla were fun. we didnt need to remove it completely from the game.

+Quote Post
ULysses
post Mar 30 2021, 03:38 PM
Post #41

Private
Group Icon

Group: AoT Expert

Member No.: 123,547

yeah that game became too bored .. always some strats and mostly of times make boom.. i agree with eric br and drako u guys killed too many strats because of changes.. for example who make cents rush actually ?? min 4 wihout hd , nothing because cents are useless. this is not age 2 guys for have 20 min of boom.

+Quote Post
DoD_IamJoe
post Mar 30 2021, 04:41 PM
Post #42

2nd Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: AoT Expert

Member No.: 116,429

It's not a bad idea really, reset back to no patch and instead of nerfing all the op things we try buff all the weak things. Would be fun

+Quote Post
MasterOfFreedom
post Mar 30 2021, 05:36 PM
Post #43

Master-Of-Freedom
Group Icon

Group: Administration

Submissions: 1

Member No.: 59,058

EE has always been more fun. People tend to label it as the casuals, but really it's just not a mega lame fest like voobly is (now that monks are nerfed :lol:).

Someone should make a fun patch imo.

+Quote Post
EricBR
post Mar 30 2021, 10:10 PM
Post #44

Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 121,691

QUOTE(DoD_IamJoe @ Mar 30 2021, 07:41 PM)
It's not a bad idea really, reset back to no patch and instead of nerfing all the op things we try buff all the weak things. Would be fun

I totally support that

+Quote Post
kletmestickit
post Mar 31 2021, 05:34 AM
Post #45

Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 124,443

ee #1

+Quote Post

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicTopic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Task

Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:20 AM
About Us  ·   Advertising  ·   Contact Us  ·   Terms of Use  ·   Privacy Policy