Post #1

Corporal
Group Icon

Group: Members
AOC Replays: 0
Submissions: None

Member No.: 72,250

Hello all..

I hope someone from the staffs read this.

This is a very little suggestion well i mean i'm not here to complain or anything ... so i was just thinking that AS has got loads of active members and many are inactive but there are many members who are with AS from last 3-4 years .. really old i mean and they have done somethings i mean some contribution at AS for example- xiphos, warriorX, dopple, sertinity (i dont remember the name now but he is very old...and he is forth greatest poster), oedy, mayh3m and ... you get the idea... there are many of them and they are posting here from some years but they are still members i mean technically members like everyone else... so i was just thinking why not make a new group called 'senior member' and place them into that? they will be happy! i know this really sounds a stupid idea...but just a little suggestion...i hope no one gets angry or something...

if you think i'm out of my mind then i'm sorry but I'm a little mad..well admins if you like the idea then let us know..and if you don't then OK!

thnx

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Viper
post Feb 20 2009, 05:08 AM
Post #2

ViperBotâ„¢
Group Icon

Group: Staff Alumni

Member No.: 10,610

I'd prefer to judge people on their contributions. Some people who have been here a long time have contributed a great deal (such as Serenity, who was an admin until recently). Others (not mentioning names) have been been a general pain in the ass for the past 3-4 years.

+Quote Post
[ViE]Timmy_
post Feb 20 2009, 06:15 AM
Post #3

Potentially awesome.....
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,066

+1 to what Viper said. You have to look at what sort of contributions they made, not when they registered on the site...

+Quote Post
Trixsta
post Feb 20 2009, 06:34 AM
Post #4

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 53,020

warorirx? LOOL

+Quote Post
LoSt ReDEyE
post Feb 20 2009, 02:44 PM
Post #5

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 17,858

i was thinking the same, but yeah you have been a huge pain in the ass viper :flowers:

+Quote Post
ziggy777
post Feb 20 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #6

Corporal
Group Icon

QUOTE([NerVe]_VipeR_ @ Feb 20 2009, 10:08 AM)
I'd prefer to judge people on their contributions. Some people who have been here a long time have contributed a great deal (such as Serenity, who was an admin until recently). Others (not mentioning names) have been been a general pain in the ass for the past 3-4 years.

do you mean that if we make them senior member they will think that 'we can do whatever we want' ? well that is a possibility but we are not gonna give them some special rights like staff they will still be members but the only difference would be the word senior! (well actually i don't like their flaming at all so probably you are right) and measuring their overall contribution is really difficult thing! (we can't take their ESO contribution can we?)

anyway i won't stretch this topic any further...admin has told his decision! so i think we should stop this topic....i just made a suggestion thats all!

thnx! :thumbsup:

+Quote Post
[DoD]Hellsravage
post Feb 20 2009, 07:05 PM
Post #7

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

Group: Staff

Member No.: 45,923

screw when they registered just have a group called like "AoTS Contributors"

special recognition they do all they can do help the community

+Quote Post
LoSt ReDEyE
post Feb 20 2009, 07:08 PM
Post #8

General
Group Icon

it means fruit all to people (normal people -_-) whether they have member or senior member by their name, just forgot about it

+Quote Post
[ATB] SkiTTleS
post Feb 20 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #9

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,666

anyone how has been here longer then 4 years should get *no life* attached to their name :/

+Quote Post
LoSt ReDEyE
post Feb 20 2009, 07:39 PM
Post #10

General
Group Icon

starting with you then skittles

+Quote Post
roofs
post Feb 20 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #11

2nd Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 70,752

And in a couple of months you as well ReDEye :)

+Quote Post
[DoD]Quasar
post Feb 20 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #12

GOTW Reviewer
Group Icon

Member No.: 66,835

Not that bad of an idea...although Hells's suggestion of "AoTS Contributors" is a bit long and sounds a little corny, maybe something a bit more simple but along those same lines. You can also obviously leave off the "AoTS" because it's pretty apparent that they are "Senior Members (or w/e)" of AoTS not some Star Wars forum or something if you see the tag by their name on this site, :chinese:

Maybe something like "Patron Member" or "Benefactor". Hmm, just off the top of my head so there are obviously some better answers out there. I'm sure Viper can come up with something good :wub:

But yeah, Serenity definitely deserves some sort of new tag. (Why is he no longer staff btw?)

Also, I think it would be pretty cool if it were possible to have more than one tag as there are some people that definitely deserve both a AoE3/TWC/TAD tag and an AoT/AoM tag (i.e. Ourk, Starsky, NP, many others).

This post has been edited by Major: Feb 20 2009, 10:01 PM

+Quote Post
[DoD]Hellsravage
post Feb 20 2009, 09:50 PM
Post #13

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

Group: Staff

Member No.: 45,923

ah gotta love lorenzo....

+Quote Post
[DCI]Sephiroth
post Feb 20 2009, 09:58 PM
Post #14

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 69,676

QUOTE([ATB] SkiTTleS @ Feb 21 2009, 09:53 AM)
anyone how has been here longer then 4 years should get *no life* attached to their name :/

:lol: thats a good one.

but it sounds like a good idea to recognise those who have contributed to AgeSanc
not sure how tho......

+Quote Post
ziggy777
post Feb 21 2009, 02:19 AM
Post #15

Corporal
Group Icon

QUOTE(Major @ Feb 21 2009, 02:15 AM)
Not that bad of an idea...although Hells's suggestion of "AoTS Contributors" is a bit long and sounds a little corny, maybe something a bit more simple but along those same lines.  You can also obviously leave off the "AoTS" because it's pretty apparent that they are "Senior Members (or w/e)" of AoTS not some Star Wars forum or something if you see the tag by their name on this site, :chinese:

Maybe something like "Patron Member" or "Benefactor".  Hmm, just off the top of my head so there are obviously some better answers out there.  I'm sure Viper can come up with something good  :wub:

But yeah, Serenity definitely deserves some sort of new tag.  (Why is he no longer staff btw?)

Also, I think it would be pretty cool if it were possible to have more than one tag as there are some people that definitely deserve both a AoE3/TWC/TAD tag and an AoT/AoM tag (i.e. Ourk, Starsky, NP, many others).

yeah but really even if viper agrees to make any such group it would be very difficult to select the seniors really.... i think we should make it on rank? field marshal and up? or top eso players? or good popular and fevorite members? we will have to take a poll maybe....or we will have to let staff choose what to do... LOL

+Quote Post

2 Pages  1 2 >
Reply to this topicTopic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Task

Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:13 PM
About Us  ·   Advertising  ·   Contact Us  ·   Terms of Use  ·   Privacy Policy