Post #1

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

Group: Content Staff
AOM Replays: 192
Submissions: None

Member No.: 72,411

Age of Mythology Voobly League

Champions League is what the community needs and I hope that it goes down well for those that are involved. To begin with Champions League is an invite only round-robin followed by a play-offs style ending.

Challengers League is and open sign-up for those who did not get an invite but want to participate. The format will run the same however instead of a play-offs for the top players they will get the opportunity to take a spot from the lowest point earners of the Champions League to participate in the next season and then players who just don't quite make the cut will play a Challengers Cup play-off for the glory!

Format:

Group Stages

- There will be a total of 8 players in a group.
- 2 groups for Champions League, and likely 2 more for Challengers
- The group stage will last 6 weeks with one series a week, plus one flexible match to be played during the 6 weeks.
- It will be BO3
- Each player will get one home map.
- A home map can be almost any map so long as forward notice is given to the opponent. Otherwise a 'standard' map must be chosen.
- Game 3 (if it occurs) will be on Random map decided by a random wheel in the style of BGO. If no map was given then simply play on Random.
- 3 points will be given for a win, 1 point for a loss, 0 for a forfeit and -1 for a no show.

Play-Offs (Champions):

- Top 4 players from each group move onto the play-offs.
- There will be a 3/4th game to be played.
- Bottom 4 players from each group play each other -> i.e. 5a x 8b 6a x 7b with the losers being sent to *Relegations
- BO5. No home maps. All maps decided by Tournament organizers in advance via random wheel. (BGO style)

*Relegations are a BO5 series between the losing champions and the winning challengers. The victor will have a spot in next seasons Champions league.

Play-Offs (Challengers):

- Top 4 from each group play each other for a spot in Relegations. I.e. 1a x 4b 2a x 3b ect.

- BO5. No home maps. All maps decided by Tournament organisers in advance via random wheel. (BGO style)

Prize Pool - $442au + $350usd

Will work this all out later just putting here as a running total so noone accuses me of fishy business hehe

Current Donations
$200 - Boit
$50 - Hannibal
$26 - Nekofan
$66 - Schalchers
$100 - anon
$20usd -
$100usd - Alex from Puerto Rico
$200usd - anon
$30usd - pepe
$10usd - nobi
58usd ($50 euro) - Kilty

1st gets 60%
2nd gets 30%
3rd gets 10%

Invites for the Champions League will be going out in the next week. If you've been inactive recently and consider yourself a top player feel free to send me a message and I will consider inviting you otherwise invites will only be going out to those who are currently active and you'll have to fight through Challengers league.

Streamers are more than welcome to get in on the games. I'll be casting any games that fit into my stream schedule (and doing recs ofc) which is a pretty small amount of games I would think. The only thing I would ask is that you say you will be able to turn up before hand.

Signups are currently open. The league will start on Sunday, September 13th, so make sure you sign up before that. We currently have about 10 accepted invites to the Champions League, with a couple more slots pending. So we have 4-6 open slots in Champions league, and of course the 16 spots in the Challengers League. You must sign up on Discord below, as the tournament will be organized on Discord:

Voobly League Discord

Official Tournament Organizers:
Boit
ChronoJJ
Kilty
Probably will be a few more people to include in this.

Invites will be sent out through Voobly.

This post has been edited by TOAO_ChronoJJ: Sep 21 2020, 09:51 PM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TOAO_ChronoJJ
post Aug 30 2020, 04:24 AM
Post #2

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

Group: Staff Alumni
AOM Replays: 206

Member No.: 549

Rules/particulars are still being finalized as we get input from players, but I think something like this is long overdue. Properly run, this can be alot of fun for both experts and intermediates. The point of this league is longevity as opposed to a one time thing. Think of the timing as similar to RTSL, about a 2-3 month play period and then a break before the next season - but of course the future is unknown.

Suggestions/ideas are of course very welcome, so feel free to provide input.

This post has been edited by TOAO_ChronoJJ: Aug 30 2020, 04:25 AM

+Quote Post
DoD_Kilty
post Aug 30 2020, 05:04 AM
Post #3

Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
AOM Replays: 10

Member No.: 123,689

Well done guys, i think this is exactly what we need, should make for some great competition and games also for the glory of champion of champions each season too!!

+Quote Post
KeeN_baller
post Aug 30 2020, 09:45 AM
Post #4

Major-General
Group Icon

AOM Replays: 100

Member No.: 79,010

People will need to donate a bit cause the tournament its very lengthy and right now it does not equal prizepools of other 1v1 tournaments. So players might lose motivation/ you might not get all the best players to sign up.

Prizepool aside, I think this is a great idea. I had been saying voobly needed a league similar to EEleague for a while now, glad its finally happening.

This post has been edited by KeeN_baller: Aug 30 2020, 05:11 PM

+Quote Post
DoD_DraGoN
post Aug 30 2020, 11:23 AM
Post #5

Cadet
Group Icon

AOM Replays: 0

Member No.: 124,792

This sounds cool and I would love to help our community. I can donate 50€ for this tournement. Have no idea how tough so hit me up Boit and I wire you some beer money!

+Quote Post
Caprica
post Aug 30 2020, 03:45 PM
Post #6

2nd Lieutenant
Group Icon

AOM Replays: 36

Member No.: 76,245

Fantastic idea, I've always thought the community would benefit from a league like this and I think you guys came up with a really good rules/incentive structure to support it.

+Quote Post
Thomas_Shelby
post Aug 30 2020, 05:51 PM
Post #7

Warrant Officer
Group Icon

AOM Replays: 103

Member No.: 118,071

I could cast if you need streamers :)

+Quote Post
BoIt
post Aug 30 2020, 08:22 PM
Post #8

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

QUOTE(DoD_DraGoN @ Aug 31 2020, 02:23 AM)
This sounds cool and I would love to help our community. I can donate 50€ for this tournement. Have no idea how tough so hit me up Boit and I wire you some beer money!

Hey dragon. Just donate via my PayPal. Ill add your money to the pool ;)

+Quote Post
BoIt
post Aug 30 2020, 08:22 PM
Post #9

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas_Shelby @ Aug 31 2020, 08:51 AM)
I could cast if you need streamers :)

Thanks!!

+Quote Post
Mor_legendary
post Aug 30 2020, 10:15 PM
Post #10

Major-General
Group Icon

Group: AoT Expert
AOM Replays: 265

Member No.: 119,966

Just few questions,
When is it soppsued to start?
Is the challenger compective like a tournament for abit lower level or is it soppaued to be like a test and the winners of challenger will be able to play in the champion leauge?
How many players will be invited to the champion lauege and and by what are the requirs for be invited?
The money prize pool is for only the current sasson or it will be for few years forward?

This post has been edited by Sloop90: Aug 30 2020, 10:20 PM

+Quote Post
DoD_DraGoN
post Aug 31 2020, 12:57 AM
Post #11

Cadet
Group Icon

AOM Replays: 0

Member No.: 124,792

QUOTE(BoIt @ Aug 30 2020, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE(DoD_DraGoN @ Aug 31 2020, 02:23 AM)

Hey dragon. Just donate via my PayPal. Ill add your money to the pool ;)

I never used PayPal mate! 111

I go check if I can make it.. Send me your details and I transfer!

edit: I made account. Just need details!

This post has been edited by DoD_DraGoN: Aug 31 2020, 01:03 AM

+Quote Post
BoIt
post Aug 31 2020, 01:28 AM
Post #12

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sloop90 @ Aug 31 2020, 01:15 PM)
Just few questions,
Is the challenger compective like a tournament for abit lower level or is it soppaued to be like a test and the winners of challenger will be able to play in the champion leauge?
How many players will be invited to the champion lauege and  and by what are the requirs for be invited?
The money prize pool is for only the current sasson or it will be for few years forward?

Prize pool is for the first tournament only. Next tournament will have new prize pool (hopefully).

Challenger league is basically a lower level league where top players of the league will have an opportunity to vs the lowest level Champions league players to take their spot for next season.

16 players for each league is ideal but challengers might have more. Will be split into groups of 8.

Starting in september hopefully early.

This post has been edited by BoIt: Aug 31 2020, 01:40 AM

+Quote Post
Mor_legendary
post Aug 31 2020, 03:18 AM
Post #13

Major-General
Group Icon

Group: AoT Expert
AOM Replays: 265

Member No.: 119,966

QUOTE(BoIt @ Aug 31 2020, 01:28 AM)
QUOTE(Sloop90 @ Aug 31 2020, 01:15 PM)
Just few questions,
How many players will be invited to the champion lauege and  and by what are the requirs for be invited?

Prize pool is for the first tournament only. Next tournament will have new prize pool (hopefully).

Challenger league is basically a lower level league where top players of the league will have an opportunity to vs the lowest level Champions league players to take their spot for next season.

16 players for each league is ideal but challengers might have more. Will be split into groups of 8.

Starting in september hopefully early.

alright, sounds good. one thing i have problem with is that the challnger laugue winenrs will play the lower of champion leugue players. the problem is that they play for have spot in next sasson. but who said they will be active untill there? for example if eric_br win and take spot, he might go inactive in half year cause of school. so the spot wil be empty

+Quote Post
TOAO_ChronoJJ
post Aug 31 2020, 03:35 AM
Post #14

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

Group: Staff Alumni
AOM Replays: 206

Member No.: 549

A good question, and something we've thought about. We could use a play-in series for the next closest players, the winner of that would then take the spot. There could be a few ways to determine that. This league is targeted more for the reliably active players. Many of us have played for years, and for some like me, I intend to play for a good while more, because I still have alot of fun playing. This league should hopefully encourage the more reliable members of the community to stay and continue to play. I mean really, even if it's only 16 players, the system still works and still provides alot of competitive games.

I'm aware of communities much smaller than this one that have very similar leagues, and they do very well. But those communities also consist of older people (like my age) with more solidified schedules and lives. I'd happily play season after season in the lower bracket. If there were 16 of me, the league could go for years. ok maybe not the highest skilled, but at least we'd all be having fun.

This post has been edited by TOAO_ChronoJJ: Aug 31 2020, 03:42 AM

+Quote Post
BoIt
post Aug 31 2020, 04:03 AM
Post #15

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

If people don't want to take their spot in the next season it'll either be another invite thing or as JJ said we may have a mini tournament for the spots that aren't claimed but lets not get ahead of ourselves :P

This post has been edited by BoIt: Aug 31 2020, 04:03 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicTopic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:35 PM
About Us  ·   Advertising  ·   Contact Us  ·   Terms of Use  ·   Privacy Policy