Welcome Guest ( Log In  ·  Register)

Reply to this topic
L2P Casts and Critiques, Get your Replays Casted and Critiqued...
[ Standard ] · Linear+
OlBloodNGutz
post Jul 13 2010, 11:27 PM
Post #1

Corporal
Group Icon

Group: Staff Alumni
DOW II Replays: 13
Submissions: None

Member No.: 103,991

L2P Casts and Critiques with OlBlood and ccXIII

Welcome folks to OlBlood and CC's L2P Casts and Critiques. Our mission is simple. To accept replay submissions from you, the viewer, for us to critique and cast on demand so you and your peers can benefit from our advice.

In order to get yourself in the hot seat, we require you to post in this thread with the following information:

-A link to the replay you want casted.

-A short description of the game (Game mode, map, heroes involved, etc).

-Emphasize what you think you need help with the most.

-General skill level of the game in question. (A lower skill level will not exclude you.)

Once all this is done, we will preview the replays and select the ones we feel we can contribute the most to, and cast them right away.

New casts will be updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday, so submit replays and check back often.

The On-Demand links to our casts will be available on Sanc's Caster Database linked below.

http://rts-sanctuary.com/index.php?portal=...howtopic=185586

This post has been edited by OlBloodNGutz: Jul 16 2010, 10:32 AM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
zuark
post Jul 16 2010, 08:48 AM
Post #2

Private
Group Icon

Group: Members
DOW II Replays: 13

Member No.: 104,540

Hey OlBlood... http://rts-sanctuary.com/index.php?portal=...howtopic=185814

This game was a 1v1 on Calderis, played in a public L2P lobby. Warlock vs. a Ravener Alpha. I'm playing as the Warlock.

I had a pretty lousy early game--a bad first engagement, a missed ravener tunnel that allowed me to get genbashed too often--but the game was very back and forth, as my opponent didn't really know what to do apart from build Carnifexes at the end.

The thing is, once I got my Avatar out, I really felt like I should have had this game locked down. But I didn't.

I never felt safe enough to leave the middle alone due to constant ninja-capping and a close VP count, so I was never able to retake req points, which enabled him to spam Carnifexes (I think he built 6 or so during the game).

I also had a lot of trouble dealing with the fexes themselves. My brightlances and d-cannons were constantly charged, jumped on, and mutilated. I think I need either a better go-to anti-fex strategy, or I need to learn to control my AV platforms better. Or both.

Comments would be appreciated; plus I think this is honestly a very entertaining game, despite the mistakes on both sides. It would make a good L2P cast, because there's a lot of good stuff in here that new players can emulate, but also a lot of mistakes that higher level players can expose and comment on.

This post has been edited by zuark: Jul 16 2010, 09:05 AM

+Quote Post
sneakyfox86
post Jul 16 2010, 06:32 PM
Post #3

Lance Corporal
Group Icon

DOW II Replays: 44

Member No.: 104,319

http://rts-sanctuary.com/index.php?portal=...howtopic=185676

non ranked vp game, Calderis Refinery 1v1, WB orks vs RA nids, players sneakyfox86 and getzan

was the 2 deff the right choice in this case is what i would be mainly wondering for myself and at the end i got a wartrukk should have i gotten it earlier instead of teching to t3

also help getzan with what he needs like where to put rally points

i say this replay skill lv is low mid probably bewteen 15-20 ts but i dont know ts much ><

tell me if i did anything wrong in posting this as its the first time i tried to post 1

+Quote Post
Bane191
post Sep 4 2010, 08:05 PM
Post #4

Civilian
Group Icon

DOW II Replays: 2

Member No.: 105,656

http://rts-sanctuary.com/index.php?portal=...howtopic=190032

Hey Ol Blood, well got in a game with pros that love to trash talk noob players and insult them for every mistake, it was a control point non rank game with 3v3, using the force commander with techmarine and a plague champion against another plague champion, techmarine, and a warlock. Need help in what I did wrong and how i can fix it, or what I should'ov done, cause I got annihilated by exploding herectics and getting my dev squad thrown around by a warlock. Basicaly 2 noobs 1 pro vs 3 trashtalking pros around rank 12-30.

+Quote Post
Bane191
post Sep 18 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #5

Civilian
Group Icon

DOW II Replays: 2

Member No.: 105,656

http://rts-sanctuary.com/index.php?portal=...howtopic=190974

The match was on tiber outpost, annihilate, with my fc, cs, and wb, versus 2 fc and a fs. This was a good close match, a huge improvement for me since couple of weeks ago I couldn't go up against people who were ts 15 and above. My team and I won the match but I lost my army at end game only leaving me with a couple of terms and fc. I'd appreciate any pointers of what I did wrong and how I could improve on it. Skill lvl for my team was 1-2 against a ts 32, 46, and 8 I think. Feedback is appreciated and thanks for reviewing my replay.

+Quote Post
zonjimasen
post Oct 21 2010, 09:17 AM
Post #6

Civilian
Group Icon

DOW II Replays: 1

Member No.: 106,129

http://rts-sanctuary.com/index.php?portal=...howtopic=192892

This is my FIRST actual online experience in RTS gaming. I only played against Normal AI for less than 5 times, but I watched tons of replays. I realise watching replay and playing+replay is defferent, so I head out in casual lobby game.

Map is Judgement of Carrion, Me as Lictor Alpha against a rank-9 Warlock. He wins actually, due to me being panicked on the battlefield.

Most of the time is me being bad at resource spending and timing of unit selections. Also terrible micros.

More infos in the link though.
Hope you can point out any silly mistakes that I shouldnt generally make.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Task

Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:34 AM
About Us  ·   Advertising  ·   Contact Us  ·   Terms of Use  ·   Privacy Policy