Post #31

Brigadier
Group Icon

Group: Members
AOM Replays: 44
Submissions: None

Member No.: 27,249

QUOTE(Steam__ @ Oct 24 2008, 08:32 AM)
Lot of nice read there...but I really think sucker_my_nut was the best.

+1 tbh ^_^

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DoD_Fox
post Oct 24 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #32

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

AOM Replays: 306

Member No.: 56,245

Although i may not have played as long as many of you, i still have had a long period of activity throughout this game and it has been a lot of great fun.

The main reason i got into this game was because my father downloaded me a trial version of AoE II that i loved so much i decided to buy the actual version. I was so happy with it that i didn't even hear about AoM until 2004, and didn't actually get it until 2006.

I owe myself getting into online gaming to my friend and neighbor, Dominic, who may not have been the strongest DM player but he is still a great guy.

When i started playing AoT (I never actually played on AoM actively) i was just a noob scenario and supremacy player for the longest time, until i met this friendly guy named Tyler (DmD_Fallingaway, fallingaway56756) who i owe nearly all of my DM skill to. He showed me the fundamentals of DM with norse, to be specific, loki, who was actually my first primary god. Tyler convinced me to join DmD_ which has been my most renowned clan of the past and where i made most of my victories and friends. Shortly after joining DmD_, the leader, josh (dmd_firefox) showed me Zeus and i adapted a hoplite rush that was very effective vs norse and other greek players. That strategy alone got me to 1750 while i was still mainly a noob.

After DmD's initial decline, Josh tyler and I decided to make a new clan called Flame_of to get away from recent hack accusations, which didn't entirely work. Jub found out who we were very quickly and was soon to start flame wars, we used to hate each other. While in flame_of, i began to use Hades (hence my flame_of_hades account) and became an auto-Q addict with archers. It was an effective strategy until you got to the egyptians. Once i realized that i could not acheive a top player rated with hades, i migrated to Isis.
No one actually taught me how to use isis, but i watched various recordings from great Egyptian players such as Shocks, Max, Playa and Antioch, who i probably have most of my strategy from.

A third and final clan was made by Josh Tyler and I, called RiddlesOf. I point traded here to get 1800 once with them, i won't lie. I regret it, but everyone has their faults from AoT.
After RiddlesOf was disbanded, i rarely heard from josh or tyler again and i was clanless for some time, often hopping between unheard of noob clans such as Ts_, TiTaNoZ, SightsOf, RightsOf, Br0KeN, cold_as and countless others. A friend of mine that I met in Ts (ts_hades_x), migrated to my old rival clan with me after that, Zero. This is when i started beating inactive players that came back for a game or two that were pretty rusty like playa and anti. That boosted my confidence and i was able to get my rating past 1780 several times. Earl and Thriller were a great influence here, they had good technique and were underrated at the time imo. I got like third in the Zero Clan tournament, i lost to Earl in the semis in isis wars.

After Zero i went solo for a bit and wound up with Minotaurian smcx, SkysInYourEyes and BeNdEr. we formed TheLast clan which outlasted many of my prior clans. All of us got account names past 1800 and went top player a few times because of the dying competition.

By now I had considerable experience but many of my prior friends had quit AoT who i will never forget such as RCP_Humans, DmD_Pwn_City, Spade_leader, DmD_micr0(who came back several times) and Year_age_i_top_1. Shortly after the fall of SuKi, jub delt and I made the QuestTo clan, which was to rival pSy. I smurfed countless innocent players in rated that time, GaNg ldr being one of them. Gang ldr was a Zelda player who had no experience in actual game types. My friend Micr0 and i decided to teach him. He learned quickly, and was able to beat micr0 with relative ease within a month or two, although he could only play isis. Together, the three of us recreated the long dead DmD_ clan and it flourished with moderately experienced players in the community. Many HaUnTeD members converted over such as Cam and massacre. Tyler and Josh even came back and we created an actual website with the help of my good friend david(year_ago_i_top_1 and DmD_Revolut1on). It is still up today but inactive as http://www.z15.invisionfree.com/the_dmd_clan/. This lasted for a long amount of time and the main competition for top player was between Jub, myself, magic, delph, ro, gang, thriller, dit and the occasional antioch or playa. Forgive me if i left anyone out.

After DmD was disbanded for a second time, gang returned to haunted, and most everyone else quit. Realizing the good days of deathmatch were drawing to an end, i jumped into the supremacy clan, DoD, where i still am today, and have been for 9 months.

AOT was the first and possibly last online game i will ever seriously put time into. it may have been a waste with all of the hours, but it is the most fun i have ever had without question because of all the great people i have met. I'm so glad you made this topic gos :lol:

+Quote Post
Zi_iJownUallB
post Oct 24 2008, 09:59 PM
Post #33

Cadet

Group: Banned
AOM Replays: 0

Member No.: 70,277

i heard that jub is one sexy fella

+Quote Post
HaUnTeD_GaNg_LdR
post Oct 24 2008, 09:59 PM
Post #34

Major
Group Icon

Group: AoT DM Gosu
AOM Replays: 229

Member No.: 70,171

i also heard he said the jags would beat the steelers. GG

+Quote Post
Zi_iJownUallB
post Oct 24 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #35

Cadet

Group: Banned

Member No.: 70,277

Back in the day

I was like 12 years old when my daddy bought me age of mythology. It was kickass especially the lag on the Pentium 3 poopiebox computer. My first game on AOT was TW Trojan wall which i thought was pretty fun. Then me, Juansitus, Damageplan and venom raped the TW world up with some 500 handicap speed shiet. For 2 years TW was my main game until Damageplan and Juansitus showed me this thing called ORIGINAL DEATHMATCH.

I was a little noober at the start not knowing how to econ. Juansitus taught me the fundementals, strategies and tactics of the game itself. His knowledge created the best DMer alive. I started playing DM rated with the self rate beginner trying to get 1700 but it was just soooo hard. My little TW friend challenged me, that if i get 1700 in one day he'd buy me a whole bottle of 94%'s. I got 1700 by razing noobs and i got tipsy like fruit in the same day.

After a few months i set a new goal to achieve 1750. I created a clan called D4iLy which contained a few notables, me and m0nk. These days Snapple and Flame were beating me, i feel ashamed now that i see it.
I was playing 2v2 rated just to get 1750 which i luckily achieved. The player i parded with the most was King_Morfois(Pre Hacking Days). I called him Uncle Adolf and he called me the azn sensation. It was pretty awesome until he got mad at me because i wouldn't let him seduce my sister. Then he began hacking.

Sportscentre Turning Point...

It was a DM Tourney of 2006? I was matched up against server and made him look like a nub. After the sufficient beating he quit for 6 months. I then moved up in the ranks from #400 into the top 40.

Names varying from
LupeFiasco
Alcoholic_Horse
Alcoholic_Preggo
Jean_Girard_
Suki_Frenzy
muthafocka

was popping in the top 5 and regularly took the #1 spot

GREAT OPPONENTS

Knight: I love you for making boats on highland even tho we said no but we had a few gg's. Your zeus was the toughest out of all i played.

PlaYa: Good matches. Tough isis, roc drops are an amazing strategy

Antioch: Didn't have many games with him, actually i don't think i had more than 5 lol

Server: Actually i won 80/20, he sucks

Max: Fast and upper hand to him cuz hes a lagging french wh0re

Magic: superb economy and is one of the best in isis vs isis

Fox: Great at one front battles and loves to spam MU's

I quit playing this game cuz i realized i spent 4 years of my life wasted on some horrible game.

+Quote Post
HaUnTeD_GaNg_LdR
post Oct 24 2008, 10:39 PM
Post #36

Major
Group Icon

Me > jub GG

+Quote Post
Zero_Thriller
post Oct 25 2008, 06:24 AM
Post #37

Brigadier
Group Icon

I was 15 when I first started playing AoM. I bought the game from England and couldn't wait to get back to Ireland to start playing. I used to always play offline - 6 comps with me, 4 against me on titan. and I always used cheats and it still would take me nearly 2 hours to win lol!

Then I decided to go online because I was so good, but because I had dial up it took like an hour to download the patch and stuff. Once I got online I joined an advanced game and the first person I talked to believe or not was Saviour (hes Irish too lol). He thought me how Loki was op and to spam FG's but I still sucked. I was an average 1550 player trying to get above 1600.

I then met Zero_Kain, I was fasinated with him, he was so fast and was everywhere on the map. I remember playing a game vs him and he hide his ulfs at my back tc and I was like what how the fruit did he do that. I wasnt even at heroic yet ha. Soon I finally reached 1607 doing Kain's "strat" and I thought I was the best, took me a week to play rate again because I was so scared to lose it!

Soon I met Zero_Fight and we became good friends, he begged the other Zero's to let me in and they did even though I was the biggest noob you will ever see :lol: Fight used to always own me and so did mystakes and gladiator.

This is when I started to get 1700 because I met mark lol. He thought me alot especially Greek which I became very good at the time (hop rush mainly). Then I started to get noticed in the dm world and started entering the chat room and began to learn the ins and outs of dm on aom (thx to Tidings).

The next chapter in my life was a bad one but thiking back on it I find it funny. I started talking with SuperSi (I think it was because I was with him in a 3v3 rated with playa against max,sunshine and virtouz or something, we lost obviously becuz i sucked). Si loved Liverpool like me so we had lots in common. He told me to make msn, I did. (with some help with mark lol). Then we started Pting and I got him to no1. I got flamed so much back then thinking back on it. I dont know how I managed to change my image.

Si quit tt ~ I met Earl, well I met him earlier but we cudnt connect but we used to always chat haha. To me at the time, he was the best aom player (he was 2k) and he was really funny. Like fox said he was one of the most underrated players in aom/tt.

Anyway this is to long so I'll make a long story short.

I played aom a bit longer and became leader of Zero and made it op at one stage on aom, with players like strife, floyd,assis,earl loads others I can't remember lol. - I went to tt - played more zeus - met knight - he thought me more zeus and how to be good with him - got 1800 for the first time on tt - brought zero back with players like caleb,fox,floyd,monk,earl,mark and a few others I'm too lazy to think of. - played shocked like 1 million times and I think I only won once - attempted an aot tourney - lots of old players played - everyone thought geraint or shocks wud win - max knocked out shocks - max in his prime one of the best players ever. - then most quit and fox took over tt and he was the best - and now i play maybe once every 2-3 weeks ^_^

Anyway my rating of players:

ekin: never played him, but his recs are op and prob one of the lamest players ever.

anti: best eggy player, good guy, changed the way ppl think about eggy.one of the best greek players too.

Earl: his thor is 34232435435454353 - 0 obviously lol. Most underated player in aot history (maybe)

Caleb: Always looking for games unlike most players who sit in chat all day (apo). Like earl very underated.

Playa: Didnt really play him that much becuz we shared the same cd key but from the recs I have seen hes got a very good isis and basically created the lame roc drop

max : in his prime prob the best and fastest player to ever play tt belive it or not. thoth ftw

shocks: Just like max and other players, in his prime hes one of the best ever. Best micro I have ever seen.

Geraint: Great player, has a good knowledge of the game

fox: Nice micro and I'd love to have seen him in his prime vs other old players in their prime.

jub: rofl lamer

floyd: op

server: moody, isis hater!!

diesel: "gg nore ez pk lets go skipping rookbait". Underrated player aswell.

gang: fun gg's vs him

buhani: op

knight: one of the best greek players IMO and like geraint had a great knowledge of the game.

si: overrated

eternity: never played him in his prime but the recs ive seen he had the skill and good knowledge of the game

monet: underrated.

mark: nicest guy on aom.

thorin: great playstyle, took alot of risks.

jm: idk lol

juan: how many games has he played again?!

This post has been edited by Zero_Thriller: Oct 25 2008, 06:26 AM

+Quote Post
HaUnTeD_GaNg_LdR
post Oct 25 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #38

Major
Group Icon

the good ppl i played against

Fox- i was like 100-0 against that nub =D

Jub- yea he sucked also

thriller- pretty much even, lots of gg's

jm- probly even even tho he lames boats when we agree on no boats :o

playa- um i think i beat him a couple times i lost the rest, so im probly like 2-4 against him

diesel- i didnt rly play him in his prime so idk

shocks- i think i beat him once out of like 15 lol

monet- dont remember playing him :/

anti- i was probly like 3-2 against him, but i played him in rated when he was like 2 months rusty lol

and thats its, if i left u out sorry. Like i said i started playing dm in 06, so the old dmers were already gone by then

+Quote Post
FlaWLeSs_DiEsEl
post Oct 25 2008, 11:53 AM
Post #39

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

AOM Replays: 91

Member No.: 10,432

Like thrillers little list do my own little version of it

ekin: Played him probably no more than 4 times, all on vanilla. Think I lasted about 15 the last time I played him, my zeus vs loki (on medit so it was one front). I was proud of that.

anti: ggs. Was the man to beat when I could contend. Always played my hardest vs you and had some pretty good games. I think a zeus vs isis game on watering whole where I fared pretty well but still lost gave me lots of confidence. I was so proud after that tourney game where you went set haha.

Earl: Underrated, could play all gods great. I promised I would never tell anyone I beat his thor a couple times in norse/thor wars on vanilla but I doubt it matters now. 8438929847-3 ggs. :thumbsup: Also owned at nose wars haha.

Playa: GGs. Always a bit of a friendly rivalry. I remember when we were both in flawless working our way up then all of a sudden hes top5 contesting with the best. I eventually followed and had some very ggs, some great eggy wars and that almost three hour tourney game my zeus vs your isis. Probably played you the most 1v1 rated.

max : ggs on vanilla. The only one who stopped my sick 32 win spree i had going. I remember that game too my ra vs your norse for top1. One of the best games I ever played I still cant believe I didn't win that. :P

shocks ggs played him alot. Always had a friendly rivalry going epically when he got very good. Always seemed to get the best of him though (maybe it was the map).

Geraint: Had a couple ggs. A good greek war where I thought I had him 3 or 4tc to 2 but he came back haha.

fox: ggs from what i saw a better player than me when I pop on, although it kills me to say it.

jub: rofl lamer

diesel: Had his moments. :P

Jedi: ggs had fun in flawless with him and ashes

knight: Worked my anti isis zeus off of his recs. Had some ggs too, my Thor vs his Zeus on sav sticks out as one of the best and funnest games I've ever played.

si: I question his legitimacy after some incidents with earl.

soil: under rated had a soil greek and norse

thorin: Took alot of balls to play thor after it had been nerfed vs all the isis and greek counters. Didn't play him more than a handfull of times but beating him in the tourney gave me lots of confidence.

thriller: weren't on friendly terms when we first played against each other. ggs

Slayer: Got rolled by this guy when the game first came out. When he came back though I was the boss. GG's thanks for owning me on medit years ago. :)

Dean: Got to give a shout to my man top 5 rmers ever. Was a force in dm aswell.

Phil: Sick rmer sick thor sick micro, was always down for some dm. ggs still got that rec some where of this guy and me vs cyclone and some guy in rm. Phil raped both of them while I survived vs cyclone.

Got to give shoutz to sunshine aswell, he played like shocks and was not only dominate in dm but a 19 rmer aswell. ggs

[/quote]

+Quote Post
HaUnTeD_GaNg_LdR
post Oct 25 2008, 12:00 PM
Post #40

Major
Group Icon

yo fox go on aot or msn nub

+Quote Post
RageOfAntioch
post Oct 25 2008, 12:37 PM
Post #41

Colonel
Group Icon

AOM Replays: 71

Member No.: 7,451

nice posts guys ~
this is a good thread

i'm gonna have to make one of those lists to about players, what comes to mind and stuff.

oh yea and Diesel, that game my Set vs your Isis in that tournament was a damn good game, I admit I underrated you and you made me pay, you took it right to me.

IMO that game showed to me that you were on the top tier of players in the game at that time.

+Quote Post
_Eternity_
post Oct 25 2008, 04:33 PM
Post #42

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

AOM Replays: 47

Member No.: 12,642

I'd have to think back pretty hard to make one of those lists.

I cant really gauge most of the people here.

When i was playing rated most people here were all relatively new to the game or werent very good yet.

Earl does deserve a mention though, he was an awesome player, only had a problem late game or after about 12-15 minutes where his starting speed would be to much for his eco.

Thorin- Amazing Norse player, underrated by most newer players as an expert in a Zeus and Isis dominated enviroment. In in his prime not many could touch that Thor of his, as he demonstrated with his 55 game win streak in 2004-2005 i think. He could play all civs well.

RageOfIc3- Great guy, only person besides Chromage i ever saw beat Ekin in less than 6 minutes with Thor though which made it all the more impressive rather than Isis.

NuKeM- Learned a lot from him, had some of the best Norse Wars of my time with the game, with him.

Mark- As Thriller said one of the nicest guys going around, one of the first guys i really talked to also, taught me a fair bit about the game.

Max- Well hmm Max and i didnt see eye to eye for a long time but for no legitimate reason really, mainly that whole french thing i think. Tough man to get games with in the beginning, his Loki reminds me a lot of my own, became very good, fast tough player to beat. I wouldnt touch him now.

Ethniki- One of the most overrated players of all time in my opinion.

Chromage- Well that guy was in a league of his own, on you before you could blink, was scouting early with mercs and Sphinx way before anyone else here, made Norse players look obsolete in an AoM Norse dominated enviroment. Could compete easily with any civ, amazing player.

Swinger- in my opinion if this guy ever did eco, he would be near impossible to beat, lasting 15 minutes or so against people like chromage etc without doing eco why they have full eco in the works is pretty good in my book, goes without saying his micro was scary.

Geraint- Only played him a few times on AoM, attacks from everywhere very skilled, beating him a couple of times on AoM was a highlight.

Swiss Rusher- As the name would suggest, pretty quick, didnt like the guy though, think he pested most of my names, walled a lot, good wolfer, 1900 rmer to, not such a good eco in Dm though was his weakness.

PlaYa- Bit of a stalemate when it comes to him, played him countless times to my knowledge roughly even outcome, he became better than me playing at high level when i wasnt however, also much like with Max, way to much wasted time spent disagreeing about nothing but unlike Max that never stopped.

Yuna- Best female i know to have played the game.

Hope- Amazing micro in my opinion, one of the best players i've seen.

Monet- Highly underrated, never a fully active player from what i can tell which makes him even more impressive, some of the best micro i've seen also, would rival anyone at any time.

RageOfMello- Another great guy, insane wolfer, best person to have hosting tournaments.

Kol Neon- Great player also, got many a beating from him, was playing Isis at high level before Antioch, maybe not, would have to look that up, very good Isis either way, watched a lot of his games vs Ekin, as ive stated one of the best ive seen Loki vs Loki 80 minutes.

Leigh- Well unfortunately i had the pleasure of meeting this fella, he taught me alot also, spent a lot of time playing with him and mark learning as i went. he was my guinea pig for strat learning, lots of random civ wars with him helped me all round.

Kol Grim- Another amazing player, took a few beatings from him, was a good learning experience, probably pretty underrated also.

Tidings- Never really said much just played to play, good games with him on AoM, always a tough man to beat.

List goes on really, lots of good times.

This post has been edited by _Eternity_: Oct 26 2008, 03:10 AM

+Quote Post
KRZMOOSE
post Oct 25 2008, 08:29 PM
Post #43

Lance Corporal
Group Icon

Member No.: 57,706

Wow... actually I guess I missed a lot of ppl in my post :P

tons of late comers for sure.........(too many)

Amazing how the times come flooding back when people start listing players :P

I did forget about some of the originals though...

I maybe didn't learn much gaming-wise from Thorin, Chromage etc.. (just lack of playing them) but I do remember them (and their superior guitar knowlege :P -
yes and grim's too )

I did once play against Yuna instead of with her...it was probably when I was at my best cause it lasted so long that I finally gave up ... conceded the win cause I just couldn't concentrate anymore :( - it was at least 20 mins of push and shove. In the end she beat me and I'm sure she didn't have half the struggle I did with the game. She was strong.

I also forgot to mention Juan and maxi lol...Juan used to get all grumpy when dave, chris and leigh would flame me in chat lol! I guess he never figured out that you were joking :P

and maxi.... all the people we could piss off just by speaking french ;)...especially you playa ;)

Jedi...what can I say about Jedi except that he is the sweetest guy ever and the best back up ;)

oh and Jubtard... there will always be a special place for you!

and yes .. now that I think about it, mello massachred me with wolves in an embarassing 2 min game :S It was early in my poor-skilled career and I remember thinking "what a fruiting cheat... there is no way!!!!!!!!!".... and then I watched the rec and realized it was possible to be that fast.

I just never made it there :P

and last but not least... Earl - cause he's mine (not chris's)and I will someday have his babies...

This post has been edited by KRZMOOSE: Oct 25 2008, 08:32 PM

+Quote Post
FlaWLeSs_DiEsEl
post Oct 25 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #44

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

AOM Replays: 91

Member No.: 10,432

Nice to see swiss rusher getting some props. I think I played him maybe once or twice and that was way back and I got steam rolled so can't really comment on him. Just always saw him at top1 for a very long time.

Forgot about tidings he was very dominate had some ggs with him a 185+ rmer too. Had a great greek and an insane eggy on vanilla.

+Quote Post
Zero_Thriller
post Oct 26 2008, 04:47 AM
Post #45

Brigadier
Group Icon

swiss rusher is cleaning up at poker now, hes a big time player from what I heard and seen :)

Dean I'm not too sure about.. he could be up 50k then down another 50k the next day lol.

+Quote Post

18 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicTopic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:46 AM
About Us  ·   Advertising  ·   Contact Us  ·   Terms of Use  ·   Privacy Policy