Rob
post Oct 18 2012, 10:28 PM
Post #46

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

Group: Members

Submissions: None

Member No.: 8,815

QUOTE(Santiago4ever @ Sep 8 2012, 07:36 AM)
QUOTE(Zzyxz @ Sep 7 2012, 05:15 PM)
I wanna that dow3 will be like starcraft 1, or something. Wanna big macro fights and more pathos fights.

fruit that poopie, I want DoW to go back to its roots. A complex RTS fighting game where you don't sit back and macro. Long drawn-out fights over territory where armies doesn't evaporate in two seconds or can retreat at the push of a button without taking any losses, a game which gives you the chance to micro your way to victory with a weaker army. A game which gives you options without streamlining the game to fruit (DoW2s removal of base-building and anything resembling economy handling. Also fruit small armies like in DoW2).

I want something which gives me the feel of the WH40K universe, a bleak dark place where there is only war, not where there is only economy handling and A-move (even though some approaches the imperial guard takes does resemble that). I want diversity, I don't want how the game will go to be decided by the start of the game (Don't fruiting give me a choice of heroes before the game a la DoW2 which locks me to a certain play-style). I want to look at a match-up and a map and think to myself "Hey, there's several ways I could play this, lets try something new today".

I want pretty much DoW with better pathing, spiffier graphics and the good campaigns from DoW2 (DoW2 game-play was good for the campaigns, but why did they have to bring it into multiplayer? >.>)

This. DoW2 cateres to players that couldn't micromanage a game of checkers.

This post has been edited by Rob: Oct 18 2012, 10:29 PM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Slow_Runner
post Oct 20 2012, 12:56 AM
Post #47

The Forum Fact Faerie signal called?
Group Icon

Group: Staff Alumni

Member No.: 54,881

QUOTE(Santiago4ever)
I want something which gives me the feel of the WH40K universe, a bleak dark place where there is only war, not where there is only economy handling and A-move (even though some approaches the imperial guard takes does resemble that).

:wub:

+Quote Post
Zzyxz
post Nov 10 2012, 04:39 AM
Post #48

Warrant Officer
Group Icon

Member No.: 100,736

actually dow2 and dow1 was not good games at all.
I play in dow1 and watch some games in dow2.
Dow1 was normal game, but not best and not good. Dow2 was another game, i don't play in it, so i don't know what to say.
And i think that dow3 will be peace of s h i t. Cuz creators of this game don't understand what gamers need to be happy(may be gamers need to get a life and some staff).
=/

+Quote Post
mryay
post Nov 26 2012, 07:52 AM
Post #49

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 23,648

QUOTE(Santiago4ever @ Sep 8 2012, 12:36 PM)
I wanna that dow3 will be like starcraft 1, or something. Wanna big macro fights and more pathos fights.

fruit that poopie, I want DoW to go back to its roots. A complex RTS fighting game where you don't sit back and macro. Long drawn-out fights over territory where armies doesn't evaporate in two seconds or can retreat at the push of a button without taking any losses, a game which gives you the chance to micro your way to victory with a weaker army. A game which gives you options without streamlining the game to fruit (DoW2s removal of base-building and anything resembling economy handling. Also fruit small armies like in DoW2).

I want something which gives me the feel of the WH40K universe, a bleak dark place where there is only war, not where there is only economy handling and A-move (even though some approaches the imperial guard takes does resemble that). I want diversity, I don't want how the game will go to be decided by the start of the game (Don't fruiting give me a choice of heroes before the game a la DoW2 which locks me to a certain play-style). I want to look at a match-up and a map and think to myself "Hey, there's several ways I could play this, lets try something new today".

I want pretty much DoW with better pathing, spiffier graphics and the good campaigns from DoW2 (DoW2 game-play was good for the campaigns, but why did they have to bring it into multiplayer? >.>)

Santi speak the truth.
Man I would kill for an updated version of DOW with only up to date graphics at the level of DOW2 only. DOW1 is the best RTS ever. If only Relic/THQ had invested in a true multi-player network provider...
Look what Blizz did, SC1, with updated graphics, throw a bit of new units, new campain and voila SC1.5 + battle.net = SC2.

Peace

+Quote Post
Espresso-dows
post Dec 7 2012, 01:00 PM
Post #50

Brigadier
Group Icon

Member No.: 97,704

PM me when game is released tbh. No penis pics plz. Buff French, nerf Jews, etc.

+Quote Post
Pflegefall69
post Jan 7 2013, 04:26 AM
Post #51

Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 86,285

QUOTE(mryay @ Nov 26 2012, 12:52 PM)

Santi speak the truth.
Man I would kill for an updated version of DOW with only up to date graphics at the level of DOW2 only. DOW1 is the best RTS ever. If only Relic/THQ had invested in a true multi-player network provider...
Look what Blizz did, SC1, with updated graphics, throw a bit of new units, new campain and voila SC1.5 + battle.net = SC2.

Peace

add some balancing from time to time and iam in :thumbsup:

+Quote Post
pTo4
post Jan 11 2013, 12:34 PM
Post #52

Lance Corporal
Group Icon

Member No.: 19,710

QUOTE(Pflegefall69 @ Jan 7 2013, 09:26 AM)
QUOTE(mryay @ Nov 26 2012, 12:52 PM)

Santi speak the truth.

Peace

add some balancing from time to time and iam in :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

+Quote Post
Zzyxz
post Jan 11 2013, 10:04 PM
Post #53

Warrant Officer
Group Icon

need game with max 1000 limit.
Where u can build 100 kind of buildings. And it will be 50 kind of units.
Game of the future?Hope so...

+Quote Post
^SpArty
post Jan 13 2013, 09:04 PM
Post #54

Wonderfully contributive
Group Icon

Member No.: 98,034

Testement to how good DoW was in its prime is the apperance of the ancient and the miniscule DoW sanc posters, who like me must still check for developments on here weekly. SS was released 5 years ago and nothing positive has happened to DoW since Iron Lore did that little patch then exploded, I think its cool we're all still here and I super-cereal hope that one day the madness of the DoW community can reforge and root itself away from this land of those who do not understand and did not experience the best and most immersing multiplayer fun of any rts game/game ever.
I hope DoW3 will happen and be what we want it to be and then I can drop all this crap that I'm filling my DoW void with :'(

+Quote Post
White_Pointer
post Jan 14 2013, 12:45 AM
Post #55

Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,933

With THQ's imminent demise, it seems unlikely we'll see a DoW 3 anytime in the future unfortunately. But I too would want it to return to the root gameplay of DoW 1 and not the shell of a game that was DoW 2.

I made a thread about the potential future of competitive DoW here: http://www.rts-sanctuary.com/StarCraft-2/showtopic=219283

This post has been edited by White_Pointer: Jan 14 2013, 12:46 AM

+Quote Post
Zzyxz
post Sep 16 2013, 06:43 PM
Post #56

Warrant Officer
Group Icon

lol.... i has know that thq is dead. Lol. No dow3. fruit i hate thq and relic, but.... I know that THQ had made nba98 and another good games. Lol. Rip.
Man.. I can't belive in that. So sad. :/
>__<

This post has been edited by Zzyxz: Sep 16 2013, 06:45 PM

+Quote Post
Zzyxz
post Sep 16 2013, 06:46 PM
Post #57

Warrant Officer
Group Icon

THQ DON'T DIE PLeASE.
U WERE AWESOME.
:/

+Quote Post
White_Pointer
post May 3 2016, 06:40 PM
Post #58

Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,933

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this anywhere yet, so I'll post it here now.

Dawn of War 3 is real, it's happening, and it's coming out in 2017!

Here's the Steam page with the details so far as well as a slick CGI trailer: http://store.steampowered.com/app/285190/

In the press release it was also confirmed that:

- Space Marines, Orks and Eldar are confirmed as playable races
- The single player campaign will alternate control between the 3 factions
- The super units are back - SM get the Imperial Knight, Orks get the Gorkanaut and Eldar get the Wraithknight
- Base building will make a return
- Hero units will again be a feature

Discuss!

+Quote Post

4 Pages « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicTopic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:56 AM
About Us  ·   Advertising  ·   Contact Us  ·   Terms of Use  ·   Privacy Policy