TCN Paranoia
post Jan 11 2011, 03:48 PM
Post #1

Captain
Group Icon

Group: Members

Submissions: None

Member No.: 66,141

Guide To Sioux Bow Rider Semi FF Strategy.

RE Patch

Author: Spaceman221294 (PR27 2110 ELO, max PR27 &2140 ELO).
My main civ was ottoman but I have been playing sioux for over a year as my buddy Elite_Penguin used to play them and tell me loads of stuff.

Introduction

The Sioux unit "Bow Rider" available in age 2 is a very powerful unit, is pretty strong vs all units and is very good for raiding villagers fast from a distance combined with the Sioux War Chief the Bow Rider are ultimate raiders.

The Deck

(IMG:http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5066/siouxdeckland.jpg)

(IMG:http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3118/siouxdeckwater.jpg)

Useful Techniques

"Picking off units"

When your base is attacked and you have a mass of Bow Rider but maybe not enough of there is a counter unit involved send in your bow rider with the cheif kill a unit and back out, every unit you kill will help, you might need to use this if you are waiting on a unit shipment like the 4 Axe Rider, 3 Bears or even the 6 Cetan Bowmen.

"Safety Unit Training"

You will see me using this technique in the record game provided when I was trying to get up to Age 3. Alot of the time with sioux you will need to defend from civs and you will need to get to Age 3 but there is some risk involved and you leave yourself open to attack I very rarely straight FF, I recommend making some BR first however when you get to the stage where you know you need to go to Age 3 you will queue 1 Bow Rider and when the Bow Rider is almost trained you will cancel it this is a safety technique because if you are rushed instead of cancelling the Bow Rider you can queue the other 4 and have a bigger mass and a stronger force of Bow Rider if you are not attacked you just cancel it and you lose no resources.

The Build Order

Discovery Age

All villagers collect food crates when you get your first 100 food train a villager and put 4 villagers into the town center and eject them onto the nearest hunt. Collect only the food crates with the remaining villager leave wood/gold crates.

Your War Chief should be scouting the map and collected treasures mainly look for Food and Wood treasures but coin treasures are also useful. On some maps such as Great Plains you wil often start off with 2 unguarded coin treasures send your chief into your opponent base straight away and try steal these treasures before your opponents explorer can reach them. then scout around his base to see where his hunts are and return back to your base to get your coin treasure.

Your 1st card is 3 villagers.

Age up with The Chief with 15 villagers.

Transition

Shift 6-9 villagers to wood to try get 225 wood you need this for a market and hunting dogs and placer mines upgrade, when playing against rush civs you might want to get the 225 wood and not make the market as you want your corral up fast as possible and make the market after. When you have got the 225 wood you shift 10 villagers to gold and keep the rest on food queue a villager.

Colonial Age

Shift 2 villagers from gold to collect the 400 wood, once 200 is collected shift two more vills from gold to building a corral and when the other 200 wood is collected your War Chief makes one TP. On maps without a TP make a Fire Pit instead with 1 of your food villagers and keep it on xp dance. As a Fire Pit only cost 100 wood you will only need to chop 125 wood during transition instead of 225 wood.

All new villagers to food.

Your 2nd card is 4 villagers.

Queue 5 Bow Rider, you should be easily able to get 5 if you handle your villagers well try get your stable up as fast as possible and do not delay in clicking that Bow Rider the second it is up.

Your 3rd card depends on the situation you want to send 700 gold but sometimes you have to adapt to the moment and may need to send another card. When 700 gold arrives click age up as soon as possible, when play against civs like Ports and Dutch it is more beneficial to age with wise woman, however if you feel unsafe and you may need Rifle Rider age up with the messenger. Send 700 wood and use this to build a fire pit another trade post and upgrade axe riders and bow riders. Make Bow Riders while ageing.

When doing this strategy its wise to use the safety technique in case you need to change strategy you can quickly make Bow Rider without the full waiting time.

Useful Techniques

When you get to Age 3 I usually like to make Elite Bow Rider ship the 4 and 5 Rifle Rider card and then raid until I can get 8 dog soldiers (3 from hc and 5 from BB) Then attack you should beat your opponent army and then be able to siege his base with the siege dance.

Other Notes

Remember always use the safety Bow Rider training when using this strategy, also when play against ports keep your 5 Bow Rider alive as much as you can and always constant pressure as if that tc wagon pops out you really want to get it as that gives you a advantage and puts your opponent at a huge disadvantage.

Always Raid!!! If you have Bow Rider hanging around put pressure on your opponent try get some villagers or keep him off the resources.

The Big Button try to use your Big Button wisely I try to save it till around 15 minute mark when I'm in Age 3 and combined with the 3 Dog Soldier card from hc I will have 8 Dog Soldiers which with the Fire Pit are OP.

The Fire Pit is good for Reviving your War Chief always have him revived he is very important. Attack Dance, Siege Dance, Xp Dance, Also in Age 3 with sioux with 3 Town Centers you can max out on villagers in a couple of minutes with the fertility dance.

Mix in Axe Rider if you need them.

Try to spread your villagers over the map because if you are rushed you can have villagers spread out on gold mines to keep getting resources.

Good Luck when using this strategy.

Record Game

Here

This post has been edited by ReCkLeSs__: Jan 11 2011, 04:00 PM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Adacc
post Jan 11 2011, 11:25 PM
Post #2

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,003

Gamertag: tEk_Adacc

You didn't take out the bears...?

+Quote Post
Sunnydeeeee
post Jan 12 2011, 01:40 AM
Post #3

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 72,515

QUOTE(Adacc @ Jan 11 2011, 09:25 PM)
You didn't take out the bears...?

GROWL!

but tbh i don't get how 3 bears > the warclub shipment

This post has been edited by SunilD93: Jan 12 2011, 01:41 AM

+Quote Post
TCN Paranoia
post Jan 12 2011, 02:32 AM
Post #4

Captain
Group Icon

Bears are pretty solid shipment.

This post has been edited by ReCkLeSs__: Jan 12 2011, 02:32 AM

+Quote Post
MarkoTheBoss
post Jan 12 2011, 10:33 AM
Post #5

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 81,424

QUOTE(ReCkLeSs__ @ Jan 12 2011, 07:32 AM)

when do you send them...

if you wait until later in the game, clubs in cover mode wouuld probably make a better meatshield

+Quote Post
ischbines
post Jan 12 2011, 10:43 AM
Post #6

Brigadier
Group Icon

Member No.: 76,147

depends weather the bears are hungry or not :w00t:

+Quote Post
TCN Paranoia
post Jan 12 2011, 11:09 AM
Post #7

Captain
Group Icon

QUOTE(MarkoTheBoss @ Jan 12 2011, 03:33 PM)

when do you send them...

if you wait until later in the game, clubs in cover mode wouuld probably make a better meatshield

Only worth it at an early stage I use them most vs Otto jann rush you will send 6 cetan 1st and tc fire 6 cetan 5 br to defend 1st batch ofc axe is useless and dog soldier is uselss so 3 bears is a better choice as jannisarys have a crappy hand attack and no bonus vs the bears and grizzly bears got a strong attack and hp slowing the janns speed meaning the cetan/ bow rider will destroy them.

+Quote Post
bpdscolony
post Jan 12 2011, 12:04 PM
Post #8

Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 103,970

I thought jans had a good hand attack but a low cav bonus? :blink:

+Quote Post
Mafkees331
post Jan 12 2011, 01:20 PM
Post #9

Brigadier
Group Icon

Member No.: 57,462

maybe make cetan vs jan rush?

and why are axe useless, you can raid with them and combined with cetan they should rape jans

+Quote Post
MarkoTheBoss
post Jan 12 2011, 01:22 PM
Post #10

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 81,424

hey how much do cetans/ other souix inf cost

+Quote Post
TCN Paranoia
post Jan 12 2011, 01:45 PM
Post #11

Captain
Group Icon

A Cetan Bow cost 65 food and 35 wood. (100 resources)
A War Club cost 50 food and 40 wood. (90 resources)
A Wakina cost 60 food and 40 coin. (100 resources)

A Jannisary has a hand damage of 15 vs a Bear with 220 hp the bear has 27 attack that is nearly double the Jannisary and has a 10% resist to hand damage and also a 1.5 bonus vs Jannisary.

A war club has a 100 less hp and only does 10 damage has a 20% hand damage resist though althought janns could probably kill 2/3 war clubs before they even reach hand combat however the bears will soak up that bit more damage.

This post has been edited by ReCkLeSs__: Jan 12 2011, 01:55 PM

+Quote Post
Garja
post Jan 12 2011, 01:47 PM
Post #12

Colonel
Group Icon

Submissions: 2

Member No.: 68,909

He's assuming the otto player will rush and you need a unit card to repel the rush. Actually any unit card is enough with BRs to repel otto rush...

+Quote Post
TCN Paranoia
post Jan 12 2011, 01:56 PM
Post #13

Captain
Group Icon

Garja is right however Id rather use the 3 bears 1st and once I got situation use the 4 axe riders to raid with later on. If I were to use 4 axes later and they die trying to defend Im hardly going to raid with 3 bears.

But honestly If you want to adjust your deck or whatever if you ever want to use Sioux I'm not claiming my deck is the best but this is the deck Blackouter uses and told me to use when he was giving me alot of help and playing many obs with me.

This post has been edited by ReCkLeSs__: Jan 12 2011, 01:57 PM

+Quote Post
savorybeef
post Jan 12 2011, 03:27 PM
Post #14

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 65,048

HAHAHA blackouter nice name drop :P

+Quote Post
september
post Jan 12 2011, 03:46 PM
Post #15

Lieutenant

Group: Banned

Member No.: 75,818

sorry this is poopie. vs otto rush better do axerider start and maybe convert card.
br sux too much vs abus. and those bears? useless, just like the cetan shipment. on re better send vills or AR first.

+Quote Post

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:46 PM
About Us  ·   Advertising  ·   Contact Us  ·   Terms of Use  ·   Privacy Policy