[DoD]Hellsravage
post Aug 27 2009, 03:37 AM
Post #2

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

Group: Staff

Submissions: None

Member No.: 45,923

All he does is slur people all day and talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. Hes really the Republican, overweight version of Don Imus.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Orion_Zorn
post Aug 27 2009, 07:22 AM
Post #3

General
Group Icon

Group: Silver VIP Member

Member No.: 2,212

The only reason I think it is ok to point out Limbaugh's weight is because conservatives usually talk about being in control morally, and not giving in to excess. Other than that, it is pointless to just insult him because he is overweight.

DId anyone hear him try to say that Obama's heathcare logo was similar to the nazi swastika?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington...i-swastika.html

Which is ridiculous, but even if you entertain the idea that there is some hidden agenda, look at the US MArine's symbol. It is even more like the nazi swastika than Obama's symbol.

This is really really bad stuff. Fear mongering at its worst. Unfortunately this type of thing is swaying public opinion. Sigh.

+Quote Post
dPb_PapaHaefMasterMC
post Aug 27 2009, 03:27 PM
Post #4

Major-General
Group Icon

Group: Members

Member No.: 61,018

He's a college dropout that has drug problems that insults harvard graduates like Obama 11

+Quote Post
[Arch] czar10
post Aug 27 2009, 05:15 PM
Post #5

Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 36,638

I think I have mentioned before that much of the republican party runs off of fear mongering...and your right this man is the face of fear mongering at its worst.

+Quote Post
mG_Despair
post Aug 27 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #6

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,543

He's not really that much different from most political pundits. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Political pundits in America fall somewhere between those two postmarks.

But if you examine most politically oriented people carefully (be they pundits or politicians, the difference is not great), you would of course find all sorts of glaring contradictions.

Of course, I'm sure you could find some glaring contradictions in yourself. Consider Zorn, if someone dredged up you speaking about politics a decade ago. I'm certain that I could find similar things in my own expressed political opinions. What we believe and what we do not believe are not so far apart.

It wouldn't mean much, as your views have changed and altered greatly, but in terms of a soundbite, it's deadly.

This post has been edited by mG_Despair: Aug 27 2009, 10:28 PM

+Quote Post
mG_Despair
post Aug 27 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #7

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

QUOTE(Orion_Zorn @ Aug 27 2009, 07:22 AM)
The only reason I think it is ok to point out Limbaugh's weight is because conservatives usually talk about being in control morally, and not giving in to excess.  Other than that, it is pointless to just insult him because he is overweight.

An ideal is very different than what we achieve. I for example hold that as an ideal, but I'm not so good at following it.

+Quote Post
Orion_Zorn
post Aug 28 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #8

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(mG_Despair @ Aug 27 2009, 10:27 PM)
He's not really that much different from most political pundits. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Political pundits in America fall somewhere between those two postmarks.

But if you examine most politically oriented people carefully (be they pundits or politicians, the difference is not great), you would of course find all sorts of glaring contradictions.

Of course, I'm sure you could find some glaring contradictions in yourself. Consider Zorn, if someone dredged up you speaking about politics a decade ago. I'm certain that I could find similar things in my own expressed political opinions. What we believe and what we do not believe are not so far apart.

It wouldn't mean much, as your views have changed and altered greatly, but in terms of a soundbite, it's deadly.

Hmm. I disagree I guess, not really sure what you are getting at though. Contradictions are ok, people change their minds, etc. Is the person speaking from their heart, and saying what they really feel, or are they just saying whatever they feel will get them ahead? This is important imo.

Do you think Rush really thinks that Obama is similar to hitler, or is he just going after ratings? If he really believed that Obama was a new hitler, then I wouldn't be too bothered. he has his opinion, I have mine, etc.

+Quote Post
mG_Despair
post Aug 28 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #9

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

QUOTE(Orion_Zorn @ Aug 28 2009, 01:53 PM)
QUOTE(mG_Despair @ Aug 27 2009, 10:27 PM)

Hmm. I disagree I guess, not really sure what you are getting at though. Contradictions are ok, people change their minds, etc. Is the person speaking from their heart, and saying what they really feel, or are they just saying whatever they feel will get them ahead? This is important imo.

Do you think Rush really thinks that Obama is similar to hitler, or is he just going after ratings? If he really believed that Obama was a new hitler, then I wouldn't be too bothered. he has his opinion, I have mine, etc.

Yah... you've hit on one of the greatest problems. It's really quite impossible to determine what someone believes.

You would have to know more about Rush to determine if he really believes that Obama is like Hitler. And even then, you never really know. It's quite easy to compare a hated political adversary to Hitler in a moment of passion, for example. But, judging by the fact that there are some people in this country who believe that... it might be possible.

In more recent news, a bill was recently introduced that would give the President absolute control over the internet in times of crisis. Food for thought.

+Quote Post
Orion_Zorn
post Aug 28 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #10

General
Group Icon

I feel like I am debating Roark again. Do you REALLY think Rush thinks Obama is capable of being a Hitler? Sure you can't KNOW what he really feels, but the odds are HIGHLY in favor that he knows that Obama would never be that bad.

On the other hand, Bush once joked 'there is nothing wrong with a dictatorship, as long as I am the dictator'. He tortured people, removed habeas corpus, snatched people out of foreign countries without any legal process... but now it is problematic that Obama could have control of the internet in times of crisis. Sigh.

yes I do not like many things obama has done, but the WORST things he has done is to CONTINUE with Bush's policies. Where were you 9+ months ago when Bush had done all this damage?

I end up defending Obama so often because it just irks me that while he isn't great, he is not as bad as bush, yet none of you right wingers ever spoke up against him! argh drives me nuts.

+Quote Post
mG_Despair
post Aug 28 2009, 07:52 PM
Post #11

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

QUOTE(Orion_Zorn @ Aug 28 2009, 07:45 PM)
I feel like I am debating Roark again.  Do you REALLY think Rush thinks Obama is capable of being a Hitler?  Sure you can't KNOW what he really feels, but the odds are HIGHLY in favor that he knows that Obama would never be that bad. 

On the other hand, Bush once joked 'there is nothing wrong with a dictatorship, as long as I am the dictator'.  He tortured people, removed habeas corpus, snatched people out of foreign countries without any legal process... but now it is problematic that Obama could have control of the internet in times of crisis.  Sigh.

yes I do not like many things obama has done, but the WORST things he has done is to CONTINUE with Bush's policies.  Where were you 9+ months ago when Bush had done all this damage? 

I end up defending Obama so often because it just irks me that while he isn't great, he is not as bad as bush, yet none of you right wingers ever spoke up against him!  argh drives me nuts.

That's actually the way most people think. Personally it doesn't bother me so much, because I believe most people operate on this policy whether they admit it or not.

It's certainly not any more problematic than anything Bush did in an quantitative sense. But it's problematic in the sense that Obama ran on the platform of doing away with the Bush era policies, and with a tacit understanding that no new such policies were enacted, and perhaps taking steps to stop such abuse in the future.

Ask yourself, why is Obama doing that? I don't know, maybe the reason isn't that bad. But it sure leaves him wide open to Rush and the like.

yes I do not like many things obama has done, but the WORST things he has done is to CONTINUE with Bush's policies.  Where were you 9+ months ago when Bush had done all this damage? 

It doesn't particularly bother me. I think the information age will inevitably result in governments becoming more and more powerful, regardless of who is in charge. I just brought it up to provide a plausible reason for what you stated.

More or less though... I'm resigned to the fact that nothing is secret anymore, and that nothing is really yours. Everything is on lease.

This post has been edited by mG_Despair: Aug 28 2009, 08:07 PM

+Quote Post
mG_Despair
post Aug 28 2009, 08:09 PM
Post #12

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

I feel like I am debating Roark again.  Do you REALLY think Rush thinks Obama is capable of being a Hitler?  Sure you can't KNOW what he really feels, but the odds are HIGHLY in favor that he knows that Obama would never be that bad. 

I simply don't know.

+Quote Post
dPb_PapaHaefMasterMC
post Aug 28 2009, 11:05 PM
Post #13

Major-General
Group Icon

On the other hand, Bush once joked 'there is nothing wrong with a dictatorship, as long as I am the dictator'.  He tortured people, removed habeas corpus, snatched people out of foreign countries without any legal process... but now it is problematic that Obama could have control of the internet in times of crisis.  Sigh.

I end up defending Obama so often because it just irks me that while he isn't great, he is not as bad as bush, yet none of you right wingers ever spoke up against him!  argh drives me nuts.

This is an interesting point, when you actually look at the rhetoric places like fox news love to spit out, the definition of nazism( ala hitler's party) is defined as extreme nationalism and lessened government involvement in economics. Bush fit that criterion ALOT better than Obama does. People don't even understand the political spectrum to be making claims like Obama is the next Hitler, because ideologically they are reversed-- Hitler did not support social programs or like the idea of equality among non aryans. Part of the reason the scapegoat of jews being the reason for economic and societal failure was the notion of free enterprise and a capitalistic attitude that was set by the Nazi party in the first place.

"facist" "marxism" - you will hear these words used INTERCHANGABLY, which is ridiculous

|--Leftism(Extreme Internationalism): Communism, Marxism ------------------------Center--------------------------------Rightism (Extreme Nationalism): Nazism, Facism,

:unsure:

Bush became unpopular during the choices he made towards the end of his first term and most of his second. Obama has had no time to undo or remedy things people may not like-- yet people are just as hasty to adopt a dissatisfied mentality towards him. It's a shame really

+Quote Post
mG_Despair
post Aug 28 2009, 11:40 PM
Post #14

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

QUOTE(jazzloveszuta @ Aug 28 2009, 11:05 PM)

This is an interesting point, when you actually look at the rhetoric places like fox news love to spit out, the definition of nazism( ala hitler's party) is defined as extreme nationalism and lessened government involvement in economics. Bush fit that criterion ALOT better than Obama does. People don't even understand the political spectrum to be making claims like Obama is the next Hitler, because ideologically they are reversed-- Hitler did not support social programs or like the idea of equality among non aryans. Part of the reason the scapegoat of jews being the reason for economic and societal failure was the notion of free enterprise and a capitalistic attitude that was set by the Nazi party in the first place.

"facist" "marxism" - you will hear these words used INTERCHANGABLY, which is ridiculous

|--Leftism(Extreme Internationalism): Communism, Marxism ------------------------Center--------------------------------Rightism (Extreme Nationalism): Nazism, Facism,

:unsure:

Bush became unpopular during the choices he made towards the end of his first term and most of his second. Obama has had no time to undo or remedy things people may not like-- yet people are just as hasty to adopt a dissatisfied mentality towards him. It's a shame really

Hitler's name has come to represent pure evil. When they say Hitler, they don't mean Hitler historically, they are invoking evil.

As for your political map, you are ignoring that both ends of that spectrum employ very similar brutal means to reach their goals. Although the goals are different...the means are equally terrible. I'm sure you aware of this, but the graphic doesn't quite show that. If your going to have successful extremist movements, you need force.

This post has been edited by mG_Despair: Aug 28 2009, 11:53 PM

+Quote Post
dPb_PapaHaefMasterMC
post Aug 29 2009, 12:13 AM
Post #15

Major-General
Group Icon

im just saying the rhetoric doesnt work, people would better off say Obama is the next stalin, people invoke hitler in reference to obamas involvment of government in 1)car industry 2)wall street 3)now health care, which isnt an accurate allusion

+Quote Post

2 Pages  1 2 >
Reply to this topicTopic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Task

Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:15 AM
About Us  ·   Advertising  ·   Contact Us  ·   Terms of Use  ·   Privacy Policy