Post #17

¯\(o_O)/¯
Group Icon

Group: DOW I Expert

Submissions: None

Member No.: 4,708

QUOTE(Saaz @ Aug 21 2011, 09:24 AM)
Nerf eldar.

I am commander Santiago and this is my favorite post on RTS-sanc.

Worthy of 6k post for sure!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fz|Cha0s
post Aug 22 2011, 06:45 AM
Post #18

Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members

Member No.: 96,476

Buff cron tbh :D

+Quote Post
Hollow
post Aug 22 2011, 10:07 AM
Post #19

4tehlol
Group Icon

Member No.: 96,220

And have faith that DoW 3 will not turn out into a lolbalance with tacticool Diablo 2 with squads with DLC and sauce.

Oh, hi.

+Quote Post
Ultra Simon
post Aug 23 2011, 01:16 AM
Post #20

Elf abuser
Group Icon

Member No.: 86,977

QUOTE(Hollow @ Aug 23 2011, 02:07 AM)
And have faith that DoW 3 will not turn out into a lolbalance with tacticool Diablo 2 with squads with DLC and sauce.

Oh, hi.

Tacticool diablo2 inquoming!

+Quote Post
Rob
post Aug 29 2011, 04:31 PM
Post #21

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,815

You can speculate about DoW3 till your blue in the face. I'm playing the Space Marine demo right now!

+Quote Post
verian
post Sep 8 2011, 04:27 PM
Post #22

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 31,777

That sounds cool, i'm glad i randomly decided to browse here today.

+Quote Post
Shwaffles
post Sep 8 2011, 07:21 PM
Post #23

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 50,304

I'm sure this game will be just as shallow and lame as the first two games. :)

+Quote Post
Santiago4ever
post Sep 9 2011, 08:54 AM
Post #24

¯\(o_O)/¯
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shwaffles @ Sep 9 2011, 01:21 AM)

Translation: Hello, I am an AoE-troll. I am good at making baseless statements without backing them up. I know nothing of the coming game but I'm quick to denounce it just in case it turns out to be yet another game that is better than my preciousness.

Please go back to the cave you crawled out of until you learn how to make a reasonably argued case for why this game will be "shallow and lame" and/or why the previous two games were shallow and lame. Or learn how to properly troll.

This post has been edited by Santiago4ever: Sep 9 2011, 08:55 AM

+Quote Post
Shwaffles
post Sep 9 2011, 09:20 AM
Post #25

Captain
Group Icon

QUOTE(Santiago4ever @ Sep 9 2011, 01:54 PM)

Translation: Hello, I am an AoE-troll. I am good at making baseless statements without backing them up. I know nothing of the coming game but I'm quick to denounce it just in case it turns out to be yet another game that is better than my preciousness.

Please go back to the cave you crawled out of until you learn how to make a reasonably argued case for why this game will be "shallow and lame" and/or why the previous two games were shallow and lame. Or learn how to properly troll.

umad? :lol:

Relic has a track record of making shallow and random games, so why shouldn't this one follow the same suit? The only thing they didn't screw up was the importance of map control and unit positioning.

It's shallow in the sense that CoH was shallow, because it had:
- minimal micro
- nonexistent macro
- nonexistent economy management
- units randomly dying or surviving

It's ok to like bad games. In fact, I like plenty of bad games myself. ;)

This post has been edited by Shwaffles: Sep 9 2011, 09:24 AM

+Quote Post
stapla05
post Sep 9 2011, 09:45 AM
Post #26

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 96,956

QUOTE(Shwaffles @ Sep 9 2011, 02:20 PM)

Relic has a track record of making shallow and random games, so why shouldn't this one follow the same suit? The only thing they didn't screw up was the imortance of map control and unit positioning.

- minimal micro
- nonexistent macro

Well the games really targeted at new players its quite noob friendly . But dont mistaken it for an easy game theres actually quite abit of micro in the dow1. I have seen much micro in expert levels of play maybe not up to the standards of sc1 but there quite abit.Thats only small part of the game its mainly about positioning and the right tactics as u said. There not much marcro but that makes the game more focused on the battles and that where the micro takes off .Economy comes in diffent form in different games. Dow ecos pretty compex and is all about map contol, lp2ing teaching(all at the right times) and bacicly building an army to win the game.Randomly dying or surviving well ill say that the game is proberbly not the most well ballanced but random units dying is probly your own doing u have all the tools u need to win use them.

+Quote Post
Shwaffles
post Sep 9 2011, 10:34 AM
Post #27

Captain
Group Icon

QUOTE([BD�)
_STAPLA05,Sep 9 2011, 02:45 PM]
QUOTE(Shwaffles @ Sep 9 2011, 02:20 PM)

Relic has a track record of making shallow and random games, so why shouldn't this one follow the same suit? The only thing they didn't screw up was the imortance of map control and unit positioning.

- minimal micro
- nonexistent macro

Well the games really targeted at new players its quite noob friendly . But dont mistaken it for an easy game theres actually quite abit of micro in the dow1. I have seen much micro in expert levels of play maybe not up to the standards of sc1 but there quite abit.Thats only small part of the game its mainly about positioning and the right tactics as u said. There not much marcro but that makes the game more focused on the battles and that where the micro takes off .Economy comes in diffent form in different games. Dow ecos pretty compex and is all about map contol, lp2ing teaching(all at the right times) and bacicly building an army to win the game.Randomly dying or surviving well ill say that the game is proberbly not the most well ballanced but random units dying is probly your own doing u have all the tools u need to win use them.

Whether the game is noob-friendly or not does not mean much. It's how deep the game is at a high level. The DoW and CoH system mechanics remove a lot of macro and simplify the economy too much.

Randomly dying/surviving means that there are too many random effects produced by the game itself. I'm not talking about poor micro. I'm not against player generated randomness, because humans are simply unpredictable and this adds another layer of mind games. However, I'm against a random system that plays too much of role in who wins or loses. An example of this is how random the maps are in AoE/AoM. It's stupid that a map might give me 1 less gold mine in the back of my base or that my fish might be too spread out or that my hunts might be too far away from my starting TC. Random stuff like this plays a pretty big role in the outcome of the game.
Just my 2¢.

+Quote Post
Foree
post Sep 14 2011, 04:48 PM
Post #28

Cunning Linguist
Group Icon

Group: Staff Alumni

Member No.: 5,312

Don't worry, I'm sure Relic won't disappoint us and do everything in their power to make the game appealling to the new generation of potted plants, I means gamers.

+Quote Post
Santiago4ever
post Sep 18 2011, 08:39 AM
Post #29

¯\(o_O)/¯
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shwaffles @ Sep 9 2011, 03:20 PM)

Relic has a track record of making shallow and random games, so why shouldn't this one follow the same suit? The only thing they didn't screw up was the importance of map control and unit positioning.

- minimal micro
- nonexistent macro

Relic actually has a pretty good track-record and their games are usually anything but shallow. If you are juding relic from just CoH/DoW2 then you might have some ground to stand (regarding certain aspects) on but if you look at their total library of games then you're way off. The Homeworld series sure wasn't shallow or random. The original DoW is frankly the only game I'd consider being close to blizzards RTS:s when it came to the viability of competitive 1v1, despite being "random" which it really wasn't when you actually looked at the numbers. It sure outshines anything AoX or from the CC/RA series.

CoH had (as you correctly stated) a rather poor economic system and lack of real micro/macro, it still was a fun game to play though with an excellent campaign. Unfortunately DoW2:s multiplayer was heavily based on CoH instead of on DoW which made it rather poor in that aspect, it was still a great singleplayer game though. The variables you mention are not necessarily the foundation of good games and does not automatically make a game fun to play, it might do it for you and me but not everyone are multiplayer junkies.

Furthermore, Relic has a track record that shows that they are not afraid to try new things in the RTS genre, they constantly experiment and hopefully they will release a DoW3 which makes the WH40K justice with the large epic battles of DoW instead of the pitiful skirmishes and skulking around of DoW2.

Edit: OH HAI FOREE!

This post has been edited by Santiago4ever: Sep 18 2011, 08:40 AM

+Quote Post
NereusC
post Sep 24 2011, 04:41 AM
Post #30

Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 61,986

Gamertag: GGNereusC

I hope this will be good!! Want a new rts game plz!!

+Quote Post

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicTopic Options
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Task

Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:05 AM
About Us  ·   Advertising  ·   Contact Us  ·   Terms of Use  ·   Privacy Policy