post Jan 29 2014, 02:33 PM
Post #46

Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
AOE3 Replays: 3
Submissions: None

Member No.: 62,208

QUOTE(mG_RaNgErS @ Jan 18 2013, 08:34 PM)
he's a phaggot, but cycling the sport is pathetic

Well someones naive, new to sport, media and the world ? :lol:

Cycling fell one of the worst victims to a growing doping culture primarily due to the large physical and endurance elements cyclists need for success. The root of the problem though is with the attitude of the fans, media, sport governing bodies - before 1998 no one gave a crap about drugs in cycling (much).

Since 1998 fans of the sport and journalists slowly got more and more pissed off as scandal after scandal came out and so the anti-doping effort started more earnestly ...

... which unearthed even more scandals, journalists started investigating poopie, more scandals ... they upped the anti-doping effort even more ... the attitudes of the fans changed, the culture among the athletes tolerated doping less and less ... some more scandals ... even more anti-doping poopie now ...

Cycling now has the best anti-doping measures of any sport and a culture where there's zero tolerance for doping. Problem is the general public who have no interest in cycling were ignorant of all the problems until the Armstrong saga hit the general media ... and now they view the sport like fans did back in the early 2000's.

It's one of the only sports actually sorting out its problems and it's being crucified for it, though I do give it minimal credit as it was in such a bad state that they were left with no other option to get their poopie together (but they are doing it, and that's the point).

Oh sure all it's issues are far from solved now ... but to call the sport pathetic ? Near every other sport is a complete farce right now and I think many are coming up to their own 1998 and we'll see if they do anything ...

The sport hanged itself to sort out its own issues, other sports feign ignorance, it should be obvious which ones are truly pathetic as you claim ;)

I find it hilarious when I read stuff like the Jamaican athletic team had something like had 2 tests collectively in the 6 months leading up to the Olympics that were carried out by their own team doctor :silly:

No one cares, they don't want to fall.

Oh also about Lance, ye he's a bit of a douche ! It's nice you're all finding this out now !

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DoD_Rangers
post Jan 29 2014, 05:57 PM
Post #47

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

AOE3 Replays: 0

Member No.: 78,686

QUOTE(TMOUllrich @ Jan 29 2014, 02:33 PM)
QUOTE(mG_RaNgErS @ Jan 18 2013, 08:34 PM)
he's a phaggot, but cycling the sport is pathetic

Well someones naive, new to sport, media and the world ? :lol:

Cycling fell one of the worst victims to a growing doping culture primarily due to the large physical and endurance elements cyclists need for success. The root of the problem though is with the attitude of the fans, media, sport governing bodies - before 1998 no one gave a crap about drugs in cycling (much).

Since 1998 fans of the sport and journalists slowly got more and more pissed off as scandal after scandal came out and so the anti-doping effort started more earnestly ...

... which unearthed even more scandals, journalists started investigating poopie, more scandals ... they upped the anti-doping effort even more ... the attitudes of the fans changed, the culture among the athletes tolerated doping less and less ... some more scandals ... even more anti-doping poopie now ...

Cycling now has the best anti-doping measures of any sport and a culture where there's zero tolerance for doping. Problem is the general public who have no interest in cycling were ignorant of all the problems until the Armstrong saga hit the general media ... and now they view the sport like fans did back in the early 2000's.

It's one of the only sports actually sorting out its problems and it's being crucified for it, though I do give it minimal credit as it was in such a bad state that they were left with no other option to get their poopie together (but they are doing it, and that's the point).

Oh sure all it's issues are far from solved now ... but to call the sport pathetic ? Near every other sport is a complete farce right now and I think many are coming up to their own 1998 and we'll see if they do anything ...

The sport hanged itself to sort out its own issues, other sports feign ignorance, it should be obvious which ones are truly pathetic as you claim ;)

I find it hilarious when I read stuff like the Jamaican athletic team had something like had 2 tests collectively in the 6 months leading up to the Olympics that were carried out by their own team doctor :silly:

No one cares, they don't want to fall.

Oh also about Lance, ye he's a bit of a douche ! It's nice you're all finding this out now !

This was from at least a year ago iirc. Anyways, it doesn't matter how you justify it: Cycling, as a sport, was pathetic. I did not even relate pathetic to the current sport, rather to the steroid-era cycling. It's their own fault by allowing any player to take unfair substances. It doesn't really matter what they do now because they will be remembered by lance armstrong/cheating. Also, I don't think they have the harshest drug testing, but perhaps in Europe ;). However, I can tell you only follow/somewhat know european sports.

tl;dr: Your rant was pointless and wasn't in context.

+Quote Post
iHero
post Jan 29 2014, 07:12 PM
Post #48

Corporal
Group Icon

Member No.: 107,554

they test before the races, nothing is wrong with european or international testing of sports enhancing drugs

lance armstrong drank his own blood which contained a higher amount of dopamine and other hormones to boost his cardiovascular system to pump more red blood cells, thus giving him the edge; every other cyclist did it too - he was the best, and got caught

he didn't get caught during the event because no sports competition anywhere, not even the olympics does drugs testing during the actual events - it would cause too much psychological stress mentality, etc

the sport isn't a joke and is very hard, there are cyclists that are actually clean, it's very hard as well

+Quote Post
DoD_Rangers
post Jan 29 2014, 08:06 PM
Post #49

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

Member No.: 78,686

QUOTE(iHero @ Jan 29 2014, 07:12 PM)
they test before the races, nothing is wrong with european or international testing of sports enhancing drugs

lance armstrong drank his own blood which contained a higher amount of dopamine and other hormones to boost his cardiovascular system to pump more red blood cells, thus giving him the edge; every other cyclist did it too - he was the best, and got caught

he didn't get caught during the event because no sports competition anywhere, not even the olympics does drugs testing during the actual events - it would cause too much psychological stress mentality, etc

the sport isn't a joke and is very hard, there are cyclists that are actually clean, it's very hard as well

did you even read my post? You are making points against nobody. You're literally talking to yourself

+Quote Post
dPb_LoVe_Tyler
post Jan 29 2014, 09:39 PM
Post #50

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

AOE3 Replays: 1

Member No.: 17,461

QUOTE(iHero @ Jan 29 2014, 05:12 PM)

before bio passports (which i think only the olympics and maybe fifa use) which track results over time and compare changes in future tests to past tests you had to account for outliers with naturally insanely high test. this means you would have to test something like 4x the "normal" level of testosterone which gives cheaters a very clear line that they can't cross, but everything before that is fair game. it's why drug testing is such a joke.

+Quote Post
iHero
post Jan 29 2014, 10:16 PM
Post #51

Corporal
Group Icon

Member No.: 107,554

i meant in the aspect of them testing the players before the actual competition date; unfortunately for olympics and such they test them months before their initial competition to see if their clear

which gives them ample time to take any drugs to prepare for the upcoming events, you're right i don't disagree there

+Quote Post

4 Pages « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicTopic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:53 AM
About Us  ·   Advertising  ·   Contact Us  ·   Terms of Use  ·   Privacy Policy