post Sep 7 2010, 11:42 PM
Post #61

GOTW Reviewer
Group Icon

Group: Members
AOC Replays: 0
Submissions: None

Member No.: 66,835

Didn't I just answer that like 4 hours ago? Because that kind of headline sells :santa:

And I thought this was going to be a topic about everyone agreeing how awful the degradation in that video was but we had to have you come along and spew pages and pages about how Muslims are all evil devil-worshipers who are violent in every venue available to them :rolleyes:

Heck, maybe I wrote the title to just to please you, StarGazeR :rolleyes:

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
HaXxorIzed
post Sep 8 2010, 03:19 AM
Post #62

... Cuddly!
Group Icon

Group: Staff Alumni

Member No.: 6,109

-/______

This post has been edited by HaXxorIzed: Nov 2 2020, 04:15 PM

+Quote Post
jayq
post Sep 8 2010, 04:19 AM
Post #63

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

Group: AoT Gosu

Member No.: 17,432

@ stargazer: well beside u making fun of me my point stays, u really want muslims to be evil i could write 50 essays or bring 300 pages of arguments and u wouldnt move 1cm from ur point cause u seem to need o so evil muslims that u can be afraid of and fight against...
all in all i doubt any of u americans really lives with muslims like u have to in germany ( atleast if ur a student and have to live in sorta cheap areas ), so u can easiely put muslims as some sort of abstract group that can be judged either the one or the other way, while i actually know alot of them and see alot of them and have to realize that islam is a religion like any other and there are good people supporting it and bad ones...
also u talk about arguments soo much and bring fancy statistics all the time and yet u fail at any deeper insight and use that informations to strongen ur already made opinion, while u should rather take all the informations u get a create and opinion out of it ( this debate culture we luckiely dont have in germany just sucks for anything but politics...)...

+Quote Post
mastersg
post Sep 10 2010, 08:34 AM
Post #64

Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 70,371

I think they should make a huge memorial centre with all the brave heroes who died saving lives have their names and pictures embedded in it , so the future generaion could see what happened and who the brave individuals were . Anyways I just think the 9/11 was all just a well planned sequence that went successful and costing lives for the sake of making a buck or two

+Quote Post
Orion_Zorn
post Sep 16 2010, 11:58 AM
Post #65

General
Group Icon

Group: Silver VIP Member

Member No.: 2,212

QUOTE(StarGazeR @ Sep 3 2010, 09:44 AM)
Also, for these people to say that this is meant for outreach and unity is a joke. Where is the outreach? Where is the unity? I see only more division and so far the only outreach is that this Imam has been sent to talk to other Muslims. Are the Jews invited?

1: it isn't even a mosque, and yes, the jews are invited. Its a multi denominational *center* not a mosque.

2: the mosque isn't even 'at' ground zero, it's two blocks away. Ive had arguments iwth people on facebook for a couple of weeks over this, and just about all of them thought the mosque was ON ground zero. It's two blocks away. I haven't ever been to NYC, but a co worker of mine grew up there, he said blocks in NYC are much larger than most cities.

+Quote Post
rlfn
post Sep 16 2010, 02:58 PM
Post #66

Major-General
Group Icon

Member No.: 693

QUOTE(Orion_Zorn @ Sep 16 2010, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE(StarGazeR @ Sep 3 2010, 09:44 AM)
Also, for these people to say that this is meant for outreach and unity is a joke. Where is the outreach? Where is the unity? I see only more division and so far the only outreach is that this Imam has been sent to talk to other Muslims. Are the Jews invited?

1: it isn't even a mosque, and yes, the jews are invited. Its a multi denominational *center* not a mosque.

2: the mosque isn't even 'at' ground zero, it's two blocks away. Ive had arguments iwth people on facebook for a couple of weeks over this, and just about all of them thought the mosque was ON ground zero. It's two blocks away. I haven't ever been to NYC, but a co worker of mine grew up there, he said blocks in NYC are much larger than most cities.

Yes you know so much of NYC because your friend can tell you that. Well here's a map for that (Verizon style):
(IMG:http://www.gothamgazette.com/graphics/NonVoter.jpg)
So I will repeat what I said before in a different manner.
No one tours ground zero anymore, it's fruiting erie. Infact, you cannot tour it, because, well, it's called a graveyard - you just pay your respects.
IMO, this problem brings more life to this area than any single event in the entire history of mankind.

Luckily, collectively New yorkers are not only the most courteous people than any other city dwellers of the world, (including as they watched the planes get hit with us-made airplanes), but they are also the most intelligent.

One of the reasons would be that pretty much no one argues politics on FB as well as not to compete over trivial stuff like how tall buildings are when they fall and where exactly they fall "at". They leave that up to the engineers.

Hope this project profits well; it will fit quite well in the typical American-NYC customs. Forget decency, just know which block to put it on.

I think the idea is completely retarded; whether it be pro-western, or not.
However the best idea I've read on facebook/twitter/internetz was to put a shining statue of Jesus Christ right in front of the building. Unfortunately, that would complicate with local traffic ordnances.

Why we have freedom of religion is beyond me, because I would never convert to these crazy ideals.

Basketball courts, though, sound very nice, for the "black" people.

+Quote Post
[DoD]Quasar
post Sep 16 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #67

GOTW Reviewer
Group Icon

There wasn't the slightest ounce of bigotry in that post :rolleyes:

+Quote Post
LoVe_Soup
post Sep 18 2010, 08:53 AM
Post #68

Colonel
Group Icon

Group: AoT Gosu

Member No.: 19,609

How about catholics, should they be able to build churces next to a playground? You can't take one act of evil and link it directly to one religion and all it's members disregarding all other aspects (such aspects as those jayq nicely pointed out for example).
The idea that one extremist action speaks for an entire group of many million people is absurd, and is as racist as it gets. It is the very minority of muslims who would like to be connected to the terrorists of 9/11, yet still some people eagerly does it for them.
The rightwing nuts apparently holds more than 7 million residents of the united states responsible for the deaths of nearly 3.000 people during 9/11, and as such tries to rob them off their civil rights.

+Quote Post
[DoD]Quasar
post Sep 18 2010, 10:34 AM
Post #69

GOTW Reviewer
Group Icon

Soup for strong staff :flowers:

+Quote Post

5 Pages « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicTopic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:40 PM
About Us  ·   Advertising  ·   Contact Us  ·   Terms of Use  ·   Privacy Policy