EnEmiK
post Jan 7 2011, 08:01 PM
Post #1

Major-General
Group Icon

Group: Members

Submissions: None

Member No.: 40,363

I know this community is on the more educated side of the spectrum, so I just wanted to get an idea of how many people here have spent time in graduate coursework in the business administration area.

Right now I am about finished with my Bachelor in Science of Nursing, but I hate Nursing so I know I will not work in that field for long, just to get me through graduate coursework.

I am not a work horse, I am the kind of person that marches to the beat of my own drum. I know one day in the near future I will be my own boss. I think my career path lies in entrepreneurship.

I wanted to get an idea of how applicable a masters degree in business administration would be to one who wants to innovate into a new industry.

In my perspective, this is the first choice and obvious choice of education to assist in entrepreneur endeavors.

Any other ideas as far as education?
I've looked into course descriptions of graduate business coursework, I guess I just want to hear someone's perspective that has done the coursework and tell me if it is meaningful, or if its pointless and all for the credentials?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
_tank
post Jan 7 2011, 10:38 PM
Post #2

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

Member No.: 59,731

I have not, did not read most of your post, and do not think I can help you

+Quote Post
EnEmiK
post Jan 7 2011, 10:54 PM
Post #3

Major-General
Group Icon

It would help if your reading comprehension was beyond the level of a kindergartner.

+Quote Post
MistaMadness
post Jan 8 2011, 12:12 AM
Post #4

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 77,814

Want a new sig?

+Quote Post
VooDoo_BoSs
post Jan 8 2011, 12:52 AM
Post #5

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 45,786

I don't see any situation where having a masters is detrimental to your career...

+Quote Post
EnEmiK
post Jan 8 2011, 02:07 AM
Post #6

Major-General
Group Icon

Well I know its an advantageous endeavor, but I want to see if it is the best option if I am looking into entrepreneurship.

+Quote Post
LoSt ReDEyE
post Jan 8 2011, 02:51 AM
Post #7

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 17,858

so much for that army career you once talked about

+Quote Post
dPb_PapaHaefMasterMC
post Jan 8 2011, 03:22 AM
Post #8

Major-General
Group Icon

Member No.: 61,018

QUOTE(EnEmiK @ Jan 7 2011, 08:01 PM)
I know this community is on the more educated side of the spectrum, so I just wanted to get an idea of how many people here have spent time in graduate coursework in the business administration area.

Right now I am about finished with my Bachelor in Science of Nursing, but I hate Nursing so I know I will not work in that field for long, just to get me through graduate coursework.

I am not a work horse, I am the kind of person that marches to the beat of my own drum. I know one day in the near future I will be my own boss. I think my career path lies in entrepreneurship.

I wanted to get an idea of how applicable a masters degree in business administration would be to one who wants to innovate into a new industry.

In my perspective, this is the first choice and obvious choice of education to assist in entrepreneur endeavors.

Any other ideas as far as education?
I've looked into course descriptions of graduate business coursework, I guess I just want to hear someone's perspective that has done the coursework and tell me if it is meaningful, or if its pointless and all for the credentials?

Graduate coursework as far as I know of (not experienced with Business courses) is pretty much you get what you put into it. It's not worth it unless you want to be studying what you are studying. Otherwise its a waste of resources

+Quote Post
rlfn
post Jan 8 2011, 04:15 AM
Post #9

Major-General
Group Icon

Member No.: 693

Going from Nursing to Business is a big jump but as long as you have the right credits, it's definitely worth it. Business courses will definitely teach you a lot of neat tricks and organizational skills, which in my opinion the biggest thing companies look for when hiring or dealing in anything.

+Quote Post
HailToTheViper
post Jan 8 2011, 04:46 AM
Post #10

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 55,850

why did you do nursing when you hate nursing? just out of curiosity.
I would rather study the anatomy of flat worms than do nursing hehe
:P

+Quote Post
Adacc
post Jan 8 2011, 01:49 PM
Post #11

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,003

Gamertag: tEk_Adacc

I recently got my bachelor's in entrepreneurial business. It was very helpful for understanding the management side of any business, but mostly one that you start yourself (entrepreneurial - duh). It basically teaches you what you would have to learn through trial and error at the head of your own company. The only down side is that you need some sort of idea or angle that is profitable to go anywhere.

Honestly, I would get a bachelor's in some sort of engineering, and then get your masters in business management or some sort of business. Most employers really like educational set up.

+Quote Post
HailToTheViper
post Jan 11 2011, 01:30 AM
Post #12

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 55,850

engineering is pretty hard. if you are not someone who is mathematical or understands physics u most likely get b1tch slapped hard :P

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:46 PM
About Us  ·   Advertising  ·   Contact Us  ·   Terms of Use  ·   Privacy Policy