post Dec 14 2010, 07:52 AM
Post #1

Lieutenant

Group: Banned
AOE3 Replays: 7
Submissions: None

Member No.: 75,818

British pure water boom laming

i have only tried on robot entertainment patch, and i doubt this is viable on fanpatch because of +20 wood for each fishing boat and +10 wood for each manor plus less manors. also British are OP enough on FP so you dont need this.

Moltke, Jones_der_Große, pr 32 atm and 31 since years, 2,2k elo, highest (on other acc) 38, 2,3k elo
how impressing :crazyeye:

i have played about 300 games with that water strat, apart from that i've played maybe 150 more british games without it on laming accounts.

Introduction:

Never think you know all lame strats. There are many, but for British usually not, so Im
going to write a guide about this one. Please notice when you think about using this,
to have the most fun, you need to go to RE quicksearch and find a japan lamer, who
gives his best to be as lame as he can, but you will always be sure to know
you are lamer and you will get hated just as much as poor Justin Bieber but also
up to pr 40 in no time, although most asians india or japan lamers of course
never thought there would be something more lame than themselves, and are
going to get very angry and flame you with those asian signs nobody can read
to let you know how much they hate you.
Let me convice you of being a lamer, I know you all want to and this is the perfect way
you can achieve this. Yes, i do know this is too much philosophy but i do like going
down on philosophy even in Aoe so you will have to read through this and i know you're
never going to overread this awesome introduction. You just sit through it and you're not
gonna hide and seek while there is no way to enjoy reading this. Still you want to
run but as time goes by maybe the introduction will end and it will get a little more strats
around here. btw this strat isn't that serious as it's only possible on water maps
and if you have enough time ( 6 minutes at the beginning )but it's a tasty
desert after a hard gaming- (or work/school/whatever-day). So intro ends and I hope
you enjoy reading my strat.

First of all, you need to hope it's a water map because on land maps this strat is not possible and brits tend to be VERY boring on land so there is a risk of getting bored.

The Deck:

(IMG:http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/117/unbenanntiq.png)

The strat:

Well basically all you do is:
age 1: make 13 vills age-up, send wood-trickle. Try to get some Wood treasures or maybe gold, vills or xp. whilst ageing make market and research the wood upgrade, put all vills except 3 on wood. then make only houses.
age 2: send 700 wood and make manors. place your outpost close to the water and to wood. let all vills except a few on food and gold (for caravels and wood upgrade) gather wood. from the 700 wood you're making houses. you will send 600 wood afterwards and pop up to 200 pop at once. next is schooners. reserach 2nd wood upgrade with the gold from age up and a little more you either chop or get from treasures/crates. while waiting for schooners make docks. save your vills and explorer and take them near the water where you can give shelter with warships.
If you are under pressure, send 2 caravels instead of 600 wood, make more caravels from the dock and make walls around your base right at start.
send offshore support next, try getting in age3, boom to 20 manors and enough fishboats so you can get all whales. try to control the water, if you play correctly you cant lose the water because of offshore support + admirality nobody has (except you).
age 3:if you're age 3 start producing frigates and continue to turtle. then go straight up to age 4.
age 4:make monitors, send the card for the baloon so you can see everything and start bombarding buildings. build a church and get mercantilism with 1000 gold from age-up and get baloon, estates and maybe fishing upgrades, tending on the map.
when there are many whales like in hispaniola or indochina, it could be worth sending them earlier, so you can boom more. after you're age 4, produce villagers up to 99 from estates, research wood upgrades and basically if you managed to get here, you won. from now on you are going to save gold and food for later. make a stable where you research all upgrades for hussar and in church the faster cavalry thing. maybe you can go imperial before but it's not really necessary as you have the eco to produce 50 hussar, upgrade them and go raiding until your opponent is dead.

Facts/additional info:

-if you fully upgraded your warships, frigates can kill 2 or 3 mortars or culvs with 1 Broadside shot.

-if you send the baloon card, you can see every spot in the map and bombard buildings, first wonders, TC's, Factories, also bombarding mills or plantations is good because they cost so much. you can also 2 shot kill TC's or wonders when you have the monitor upgrade at the harbor

-once you manage to get to age 4, you can send estates to max out your villager population in a few minutes.

-if you are attacked by many mortars, just retreat with your ships, move the baloon above the mortars and kill them with the monitor's far range attack.

- DONT ever revolt. this is an auto loss at most of the time.

Survival guide for the first 10 minutes:

make use of walls. wall the middle early so you cannot be rushed. also maybe wall in your tc a bit so you can age before it gets destroyed.

save your explorer. you will need him to make a new tc if it gets destroyed.

take your eco to the shoreline. you want them to be there where your warships can protect them. also usually dont move all your ships away from your villagers so you can always get them onboard and save them.

if the wood is out, np. just look for another place at the shore with wood, take a caravel and villagers there. always build a dock where your ships are. the healing is important. best thing is a spot where your opponent doesnt find you at once.

also, if you are playing on new england, use the isle to build your mills and plantations later on (it ddoes only have 2 or 3 whales so you need plantations).

AND if you are fighting another british or strong water civ on water, you have to get a native TP and make canoes. they own! plus with admirality you can make nearly twice as much as usually.

Variations:

well, this strat can have many variations, like you can later chose your card order free and chose to play what you find the most fun and the lamest, like booming with estates or make galeons and spam hussar from various places to annoy your opponent the best. semi variants don't work really well with this strat so all your variations are possible after you reached at least the fortress age

btw Kishiou is noob he did not invent this strat at all as everyone thinks. im pretty sure im using it much longer than he does. blah

Recordings:

vs japan, gg 35 minutes or something

vsjaps1

vs british, gg

vsbritsmirror1

vs sioux, gg 40 mins

vssioux1

played by voodoo, not exaclty my bo but similar in mind. good idea with the strat thing i like writing guides :) vs iro lamer

vsiro1

:flowers: NOW ENJOY LAMING! :flowers:

This post has been edited by september: Jan 10 2011, 05:10 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mafkees331
post Dec 14 2010, 08:18 AM
Post #2

Brigadier
Group Icon

Group: Members
AOE3 Replays: 17

Member No.: 57,462

sounds like a perfect strat for asiansearch

+Quote Post
september
post Dec 14 2010, 08:21 AM
Post #3

Lieutenant

it's so fun to play but so painful to play against ;)

+Quote Post
CelticFTW
post Dec 14 2010, 08:22 AM
Post #4

2nd Lieutenant
Group Icon

AOE3 Replays: 6

Member No.: 79,986

sounds lame but u should be sending schooners first

+Quote Post
september
post Dec 14 2010, 08:25 AM
Post #5

Lieutenant

nah it's correctly this way. i've played about 300 games with this strat and this really works best because you need the wood trickle for market and houses at start and then you send 700 wood and first make manors so you can chop enough wood for mass fishing boats. you will build your first dock around minute 5 when 700w arrives. also often i send schooners faster too when i found some xp treasure - water treasures are OP.

This post has been edited by september: Dec 15 2010, 09:33 AM

+Quote Post
CelticFTW
post Dec 14 2010, 08:43 AM
Post #6

2nd Lieutenant
Group Icon

AOE3 Replays: 6

Member No.: 79,986

sending schooners 4th seems really slow, you will get more value from making cheaper boats earlier than a wood trickle which is probably about equivalent to 1-2 vills on wood, whereas u save what 60 or 70 wood a boat from schooners,

+Quote Post
Mafkees331
post Dec 14 2010, 08:59 AM
Post #7

Brigadier
Group Icon

no point in sending schoones if u cant pump boats from 2/3 docks

+Quote Post
september
post Dec 14 2010, 09:10 AM
Post #8

Lieutenant

thats what im trying to elaborate^^

first there's manor boom and get some caravels so you can defend yourself.
imo dont start fishboom before at least 7th minute.

+Quote Post
pasi94
post Dec 14 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #9

Captain
Group Icon

AOE3 Replays: 57

Member No.: 60,863

sorry but this guide is fail, 1st the justin bieber jokes are not funny
2nd deck sucks
3rd no build orders (or at least how you should
place the vils)
4th ship order in that strat is only match depending
5th you didnt mention the card that give your
ships + 5(?) range in early game, that card is most important for
the strat

i used to try that strat too and its quite strong, if you play it right and the opponent is not sure what hes doing. but booing to 99 vils + ships just sucks, you dont get the point of that strat: gathering as many ress as possible while the opponent is losing his army and then overrun him with as many units as possible, you should not have more than 70 vils at all if you play that strat and staying in age IV seems a lot better to me.

This post has been edited by pasi94: Dec 14 2010, 10:19 AM

+Quote Post
DoD_WizaRD
post Dec 14 2010, 10:17 AM
Post #10

Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Gold VIP Member
AOE3 Replays: 9

Member No.: 44,936

Gamertag: WizaRD

look at my rec vs muzz, brit vs india, this is a proper brit boom

+Quote Post
DoD_WizaRD
post Dec 14 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #11

Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Gold VIP Member
AOE3 Replays: 9

Member No.: 44,936

Gamertag: WizaRD

look at my rec vs muzz, brit vs india, this is a proper brit boom

+Quote Post
september
post Dec 14 2010, 10:32 AM
Post #12

Lieutenant

QUOTE(pasi94 @ Dec 14 2010, 03:15 PM)
sorry but this guide is fail, 1st the justin bieber jokes are not funny
its true love
                                      2nd deck sucks
the deck is perfect for this strat, i dont need any cards but fishing upgrades, estates, baloon, and ofc warship upgrades
                                      3rd no build orders (or at least how you should
                                                                   place the vils)
the vill placement is easy, in colonial put like everything on wood first, just a few for  2nd wood upgrade on gold and food, then let fishing boats gather food and gold and age up. also i did say that o.O

4th ship order in that strat is only match depending
later on, but you will always want to start with wood trickle > 700 wood > 2 caravel > schooners
                                      5th you didnt mention the card that give your
                                        ships + 5(?) range in early game, that card is most important for
                                        the strat
i did mention that card

i used to try that strat too and its quite strong, if you play it right and the opponent is not sure what hes doing. but booing to 99 vils + ships just sucks, you dont get the point of that strat: gathering as many ress as possible while the opponent is losing his army and then overrun him with as many units as possible, you should not have more than 70 vils at all if you play that strat and staying in age IV seems a lot better to me.
well its a fun strat, so i prefer booming and getting monitors with all upgrades, and i dont know what you criticize, all that you've said I've mentioned in the strat. all you do is sitting on the shoreline and camp whilst ageing to 4 (or 5 for fun) and waiting until you get enough ress to start making hussar

ofc i could just attack earlier but where's the fun of that? i want to see the asians suffer!

if you'd watch my rec i attached you can see it also works without 99 vills. i didnt even send estates i believe... the whole strat is various later on.
AND after all it's a fun strat, nothing more. :baby:

This post has been edited by september: Dec 14 2010, 10:39 AM

+Quote Post
_tank
post Dec 14 2010, 10:43 AM
Post #13

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

AOE3 Replays: 25

Member No.: 59,731

Im going to try doing exactly as you say if i find the time and post a rec

+Quote Post
pasi94
post Dec 14 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #14

Captain
Group Icon

AOE3 Replays: 57

Member No.: 60,863

i agree that ist is a fun strat, but its more fun if you play it right and dont get pwned by a rush.

to the deck: there are so many useless cards.
why advanced market? why the fast house building? why advanced aresnal but no age 2 cav upgrades? why the balloon, that card is useless, if mortars attack you you dont need a balloon to see them.

to the vil placement, its actually not that easy. at first i think you are way too weak against a rush, i did it that way, that i built a dock while aging and produced my first caravell when i reached age 2.

then you send 700 w, fine, but against a rush 2 caravells will fail as next card, the ships wont be able to reach the opponents army. you need the card for increased range as fast as possible. better build another caravell to be safe agaisnt the 2 caravell shipment.

to the rec...cmon that guys a noob, do it against a halfway skilled player..

This post has been edited by pasi94: Dec 14 2010, 10:51 AM

+Quote Post
Mafkees331
post Dec 14 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #15

Brigadier
Group Icon

beware ppl, tank is on a laming mission, try to avoid qs close ur windows and doors. Hopefully its over soon

btw i cant see ur nubdeck

This post has been edited by Mafkees331: Dec 14 2010, 10:52 AM

+Quote Post

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:58 AM
About Us  ·   Advertising  ·   Contact Us  ·   Terms of Use  ·   Privacy Policy