Post #1

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

Group: Members
AOE3 Replays: 25
Submissions: None

Member No.: 59,731

British dual stable hussar rush
Works for any patch, but the strat is easier on fp.

Authors PR/ELO + Max PR/ELO
_Tank PR 28/2300 TAD + PR 35/2600 nilla + max PR 35/2300 old elo TAD
I enjoy playing mostly 2v2 and 3v3 yet I have played (and won) in 1v1 before using this strategy.

Introduction to the strategy
This strategy is designed to catch your opponent off guard. After that you have to adapt to what your opponent is doing. This strategy doesnt work in every single map also, your going to need decent hunts and decent treasures to pull this off. It also isnt the only way to start cav as british, and isnt the best for every situation.

Also keep in mind that this strat is in no way intended to be viable at a competitive level, and british have much better cav starts which focus on establishing a better early eco.

The Deck
Ill add one later. As far as this start goes you dont need that much and it includes cards found in just about every british deck

The Build Order
Age 1
If you started with 200 wood and no coin you either do something else or "accidentally" delete your tc and resign.
If you start with 300 wood or 200 wood 100 coin you are in good shape. If you are playing on an extra resource map you are golden.

I usually put 3 vils on the nearest hunt (no need to herd yet, the hunts dont start running until about 10 seconds into game) and put 2 vils on one food crate and 1 on another. If you started with coin dont gather it yet, it will only slow you down. Once your vills are done with the food/wood crates put them on hunts. All new vills to hunts.

Once you get 140 wood make a house, if you started with 300 wood make another house, if you get a wood treasure that lets you make another house then make another house. Do not make a market.

Have your explorer get treasures, find your next hunt(s), and explore. Did I mention get treasures? You kindof need that or perfect hunts/trees/mines with great macro to pull this off. Send a villager to herd the nearest hunt somewhere useful.

Your first shipment will be 3 vills.
Once you have 16 vills (1 house) or 17 vills (2 houses) stop making vills and age. You should be planning this so your villagers dont have to walk far to go from their hunts to their trees, and so that they dont bump into each other. I leave 1-2 vills on food or 0 if your slow and gathered 100 food before getting your vills on to wood.

Age up with the 500 food politician.

Transition
As I said you should have almost, if not all of your vills on wood. Now you need to spam houses on your hunts until you are at 50 pop (on fan patch its going to be different) and put the vill making the house and the vill popping out on hunts. Depending on how much coin you have you should place 1-4 vills there about halfway through aging.

After you have 50/50 pop you will need 10-15 vills on wood still depending on how much time you have before age 2. Aim on getting 200 wood for your first stable before hitting age 2. The rest of your vills will be split between food and coin.

Age 2
Right before hitting age 2 put 1-2 vills next to your tc to gather the food crate that is about to pop out. You arent going to need more than that for now.
Send 700 coin asap

I have 1 vill build your first stable. He should start building right when you hit age 2 in the location of your choosing.

Once you have 300 wood (100 wood after you make the stable) keep 10 vills on wood. When you have 180 wood start switching some vills on to food/coin and once you hit 200 wood quickly get the last of your wood vills on food or coin and make that second stable with 2 vills. I have the vill building the first stable help finish the second stable because I usually build the stables near each other. Those vills should go to food.

While all of this is happening you should have about a 3:1 ratio between food:coin vills. You should be able to queue the first hussar once your first stable is complete and your first hussar in the second stable soon after.

When 700 coin arrives gather it with at least 3 vills.

Your first batch from the first stable should easily be 5 hussar.
Your first batch from the second stable should be 4-5 hussar, coming out not too long after the first stable

now you have 9-10 hussar, go use them. Sometimes you have to delay queueing a vil at your tc to get that last hussar out. Thats ok though, because it looks badass to get 10 hussar out so quick.

Next shipment should probably be 700 wood because your pop is probably pretty close to being full.

Im sure you guys could guess that the 2 stable hussar rush wasnt going to last forever. Aside from your initial batch of hussar, you are not going to get 10 hussar at a time. You can expect your next batch to be ~5 hussar.

If you plan on only making hussar still use the 700 wood for a house, then a market, then more houses, then market upgrades. You should start adding vills on wood now also so you dont get housed later.

After that you have to play from experience. Good cards to have in your deck are cav upgrades (hp before attack) and 5+4 vills

Variations
Because this strat is only specific for the start of the game, you can use the 700 wood shipment in other ways.

You can use the 700 wood shipment for houses and a rax and switch to musket hussar.

You can send 5 vills instead of 700 wood and adapt it into a 10 or 15 cav semi-ff

If you are struggling to get 50 house pop and 400 wood for stables early on, it is probably better to switch to a more standard build and only use 1 stable.

Recorded games
http://rts-sanctuary.com/index.php?portal=...howtopic=195575

This post has been edited by _tank: Dec 11 2010, 09:39 PM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BoBThEImaM
post Dec 11 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #2

Colonel
Group Icon

AOE3 Replays: 0

Member No.: 80,837

This doesn't look like it would work, but is quite different so thats pretty cool. But in general, no point building two stables when you can 1 rax for musks, will be able to queue better and harder to counter. But the 10 huss speed would be pretty cool with this strat

+Quote Post
_tank
post Dec 11 2010, 09:52 PM
Post #3

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

watch the replay

+Quote Post
dom_dom666
post Dec 11 2010, 09:55 PM
Post #4

Major
Group Icon

AOE3 Replays: 33

Member No.: 68,691

I think its more viable in team then in 1 v 1. But if you use those 10 huss properly to make some nice raid its GEE GEE.

+Quote Post
BoBThEImaM
post Dec 11 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #5

Colonel
Group Icon

^^ yah I had forgotten about team, this would work great for an initial push/raid

+Quote Post
_tank
post Dec 11 2010, 09:58 PM
Post #6

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

Its designed to be nothing more than a joke strat

+Quote Post
dom_dom666
post Dec 11 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #7

Major
Group Icon

AOE3 Replays: 33

Member No.: 68,691

Well actualy I saw people going 2x stable as german in team :S And they were in my team :lol:

This post has been edited by dom_dom666: Dec 11 2010, 10:02 PM

+Quote Post
_tank
post Dec 11 2010, 10:16 PM
Post #8

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

The point is to use the 2 stable as soon as you hit age 2 to overwhelm your opponent. Every civ in the game can do 2 stable cav in mid/late colonial, thats not the point.

I also just did this in a 3v3... needless to say we won rather quickly. surprised my eco was the best also

+Quote Post
hansen4332
post Dec 11 2010, 11:36 PM
Post #9

2nd Lieutenant
Group Icon

AOE3 Replays: 4

Member No.: 69,846

brit eco is always the best

i still quite don't understand if this is joke or not... lol

+Quote Post
BoBThEImaM
post Dec 11 2010, 11:43 PM
Post #10

Colonel
Group Icon

Doesn't seem like one, lol

+Quote Post
Vorg
post Dec 12 2010, 01:14 AM
Post #11

Field-Marshal
Group Icon

AOE3 Replays: 48

Member No.: 51,493

tank is pro u guys dont have macro skills to do this strat so to you it is joke.

+Quote Post
hansen4332
post Dec 12 2010, 01:18 AM
Post #12

2nd Lieutenant
Group Icon

AOE3 Replays: 4

Member No.: 69,846

mhuy bad :o

+Quote Post
Skinny Dip Roger
post Dec 12 2010, 02:00 AM
Post #13

2nd Lieutenant
Group Icon

AOE3 Replays: 2

Member No.: 77,017

Ditissparta did a 3 stable rush vs Aloysius.. that is why he got banned

+Quote Post
_tank
post Dec 12 2010, 03:18 AM
Post #14

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vorg @ Dec 12 2010, 02:14 AM)
tank is pro u guys dont have macro skills to do this strat so to you it is joke.

this is probably it, because I singlehandedly secured victory using this strat today in 3v3 :chinese:

I have used it in 1v1 before also and intended to use the rec as blackmail but dont think i have it saved

+Quote Post
VfB_Supporter_´93
post Dec 12 2010, 05:35 AM
Post #15

Colonel
Group Icon

AOE3 Replays: 29

Member No.: 74,601

gj was really funny to read the article :flowers:

+Quote Post

3 Pages  1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Task

Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:27 AM
About Us  ·   Advertising  ·   Contact Us  ·   Terms of Use  ·   Privacy Policy