Greek - Poseidon

Game Details:
Game Version: AOM  Played: 17 Oct 17
Game Type: Supremacy Map: Ghost Lake
Winner: File Size (unzipped): 284.43k
Poster Comments:

What could i have done better? Suggestions please :(

Attached File(s)

Attached File AOTS_89951_SingOf__vs_Nic_God_Ghost_Lake.rec Download Game as Zip File
( 284.43k ) Number of downloads: 25

Game Rating

Your Rating: Rate this Game
Average Rating:
This game has not been rated by any members yet.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SnL_NoMercy
post Oct 17 2017, 04:29 PM
Post #2

Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: AoM Expert
AOM Replays: 167
Submissions: None

Member No.: 117,582

Gamertag: (Snl)NoMercy

GG

Pick isis? :P

Your pathing is pretty bad early game your 30 losses to 7 kills (around 3 of those are vils as well). Then mid-game you send all your army for a raid, it was a good raid but you lost to many soliders because you walked an obvious path backwards...Send only horses for the raid as toxotes slow you down too much.

Late game - Make more stables, 3 stables in mythic is bad you got good economy, but cant spend it. When your tc is being taken down you lose all of your caravans, make a new market and redirect your caravans and you maybe win the game :thumbsup:

+Quote Post
knaaaan
post Oct 17 2017, 05:37 PM
Post #3

Lance Corporal
Group Icon

Group: Members
AOM Replays: 43

Member No.: 111,078

Nice game. You played well SingOf. The raids were good and you had a good chance to win in the end, unfortunately he stopped your gold. I think you should make 2 stable and 2 archer range to start. Toxote are so strong. Also I think you stayed to long in classic age. The problem was he pushed you with his army (tox+horse > only horse in most cases). And he killed so much of your horses for free cause the toxote. So you spend all those resources for nothing. Better to save those resource and go heroic faster in a 2 goldmine map. Also you should gather from your front goldmine first. Then you wont need to use cease fire(which would have helped you a lot later in the game). Anyway GG its nice to see you play greek and not eggy. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This post has been edited by knaaaan: Oct 17 2017, 05:50 PM

+Quote Post
CNS-Ezio
post Oct 18 2017, 09:10 AM
Post #4

Cadet
Group Icon

AOM Replays: 7

Member No.: 120,340

QUOTE(SnL_NoMercy @ Oct 17 2017, 04:29 PM)
GG

Pick isis?  :P

Your pathing is pretty bad early game your 30 losses to 7 kills (around 3 of those are vils as well). Then mid-game you send all your army for a raid, it was a good raid but you lost to many soliders because you walked an obvious path backwards...Send only horses for the raid as toxotes slow you down too much.

Late game - Make more stables, 3 stables in mythic is bad you got good economy, but cant spend it.  When your tc is being taken down you lose all of your caravans, make a new market and redirect your caravans and you maybe win the game  :thumbsup:

Thank you. I'll try to be more careful next time XD
I really had a good echo, but a bad administration and few stables :(

This post has been edited by CNS-Ezio: Oct 18 2017, 09:13 AM

+Quote Post
CNS-Ezio
post Oct 18 2017, 09:12 AM
Post #5

Cadet
Group Icon

AOM Replays: 7

Member No.: 120,340

QUOTE(knaaaan @ Oct 17 2017, 05:37 PM)
Nice game. You played well SingOf.  The raids were good and you had a good chance to win in the end, unfortunately he stopped your gold. I think you should make 2 stable and 2 archer range to start. Toxote are so strong.  Also I think you stayed to long in classic age.  The problem was he pushed you with his army (tox+horse > only horse in most cases).  And he killed so much of your horses for free cause the toxote.  So you spend all those resources for nothing.  Better to save those resource and go heroic faster in a 2 goldmine map.  Also you should gather from your front goldmine first.  Then you wont need to use cease fire(which would have helped you a lot later in the game).  Anyway GG its nice to see you play greek and not eggy. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I believed that only horses were enough, now i've learned my lesson and thanks for the tips.:D

+Quote Post
SnL_NoMercy
post Oct 18 2017, 12:28 PM
Post #6

Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: AoM Expert
AOM Replays: 167

Member No.: 117,582

Gamertag: (Snl)NoMercy

QUOTE(CNS-Ezio @ Oct 18 2017, 02:12 PM)
QUOTE(knaaaan @ Oct 17 2017, 05:37 PM)
Nice game. You played well SingOf.  The raids were good and you had a good chance to win in the end, unfortunately he stopped your gold. I think you should make 2 stable and 2 archer range to start. Toxote are so strong.  Also I think you stayed to long in classic age.  The problem was he pushed you with his army (tox+horse > only horse in most cases).  And he killed so much of your horses for free cause the toxote.  So you spend all those resources for nothing.  Better to save those resource and go heroic faster in a 2 goldmine map.  Also you should gather from your front goldmine first.  Then you wont need to use cease fire(which would have helped you a lot later in the game).  Anyway GG its nice to see you play greek and not eggy. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I believed that only horses were enough, now i've learned my lesson and thanks for the tips.:D

Pure horses can work here as there is enough food with the sheeps to afford hippikons, but the location you had all your fights was very cramped so toxotes will win in that spot. Pure horses can only beat hip+tox in open spaces like in the middle of the lake or a well placed flank using 2 groups of hips.

He had the bigger army as well early game which helped him kill 30 units to 4 losses probably due to econ balancing think you invested alot into farms early before touching your sheep which left you low on food and using all wood for farming.

I would personally go 2stable+1range into semi fh as it is a 2 gold mine map it is hard to goldblock. Get a 2nd tc use curse if you have too then outboom him, you were ahead in econ the whole game but he was ahead in the fighting which made it a close game, GG WP :thumbsup:

+Quote Post
SuperAfim
post Oct 18 2017, 09:45 PM
Post #7

Colonel
Group Icon

Group: GOTW Reviewer
AOM Replays: 220

Member No.: 112,016

Gamertag: ....

If you had protected better your 3rd TC you had won this.

Just improve your APM and try to make army for defending & attacking :flowers:

He won because he raided the whole game and not only in the start.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsPost New Replay
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:17 PM
About Us  ·   Advertising  ·   Contact Us  ·   Terms of Use  ·   Privacy Policy