Post #16

Cadet
Group Icon

Group: Members
DOW Replays: 0
Submissions: None

Member No.: 92,608

QUOTE(Mu0n @ Mar 17 2008, 07:19 PM)
Does't work for me. I'm under Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

I get a popup dialog of an unhandled exception, "Could not find file "\GraphicsConfig.exe". I have placed your program in my base soulstorm directory and run it from there (\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\dawn of war - soulstorm"

I have the retail versions of DoW Gold (original + WA), retail version of Dark Crusade and Steam version of Soulstorm.

Could you please tell me what your program is doing so that I can repeat the steps in the registry? I know that I can't follow the instructions intended for WinXP, as it doesn't share the same registry structure that is created in Vista.

-_- there seem to be a lot of troubles with Vista 64bit Systems, have you also tried the build in this thread, which _should_ be optimized for 64bit Systems (it goes untested from my side tough).
As for the GraphicsConfig.exe, it usually comes with the installation of Soulstorm, dunno for the Steam-Version though. If it is in your directory, just copy it three times and name the copies "W40k.exe", "W40kWA.exe" and "DarkCrusade.exe". With that you did exactly the same what my app does with the GraphicsConfig.exe file.
As for the writing registry part, maybe the app has worked, dunno so try. If you want to do it manually, their are guides around at the forum of relicnews.
Or you download the published sources of my application from http://dow.4players.de/forum/thread.php?threadid=20108

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mu0n
post Mar 17 2008, 06:14 PM
Post #17

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 94,658

-I have tried your 64-bit before I made my first reply - didn't work.
-I just tried to clone my graphicsconfig.exe 3 times and rename them - didn't work.

Still get the same exception dialog.

QUOTE(Belial2003 @ Mar 17 2008, 10:43 PM)
QUOTE(Mu0n @ Mar 17 2008, 07:19 PM)
Does't work for me. I'm under Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

I get a popup dialog of an unhandled exception, "Could not find file "\GraphicsConfig.exe". I have placed your program in my base soulstorm directory and run it from there (\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\dawn of war - soulstorm"

I have the retail versions of DoW Gold (original + WA), retail version of Dark Crusade and Steam version of Soulstorm.

Could you please tell me what your program is doing so that I can repeat the steps in the registry? I know that I can't follow the instructions intended for WinXP, as it doesn't share the same registry structure that is created in Vista.

-_- there seem to be a lot of troubles with Vista 64bit Systems, have you also tried the build in this thread, which _should_ be optimized for 64bit Systems (it goes untested from my side tough).
As for the GraphicsConfig.exe, it usually comes with the installation of Soulstorm, dunno for the Steam-Version though. If it is in your directory, just copy it three times and name the copies "W40k.exe", "W40kWA.exe" and "DarkCrusade.exe". With that you did exactly the same what my app does with the GraphicsConfig.exe file.
As for the writing registry part, maybe the app has worked, dunno so try. If you want to do it manually, their are guides around at the forum of relicnews.
Or you download the published sources of my application from http://dow.4players.de/forum/thread.php?threadid=20108

+Quote Post
Belial2003
post Mar 17 2008, 06:44 PM
Post #18

Cadet
Group Icon

QUOTE(Mu0n @ Mar 18 2008, 12:14 AM)
-I have tried your 64-bit before I made my first reply - didn't work.
-I just tried to clone my graphicsconfig.exe 3 times and rename them - didn't work.

Still get the same exception dialog.

A user named GiT on relicnews build according to one of his posts a 64bit version of his own unlocker, you may try that one:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zkdsl4

+Quote Post
Mu0n
post Mar 17 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #19

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 94,658

QUOTE(Belial2003 @ Mar 17 2008, 11:44 PM)
A user named GiT on relicnews build according to one of his posts a 64bit version of his own unlocker, you may try that one:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zkdsl4

Ok, I've done it successfully myself (manually). Perhaps it could inspire you to do a vista 64 friendly version.

Here are the steps that *I* did (do not repeat those unless you want to go to the trouble of installing everything, which is what people are trying to avoid)
1) install all the games
2) Exported the registry structures for DoW Gold and DoW DC in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/THQ
3) modified some info in the .reg files this created
4) copied darkcrusade.exe, wh40k.exe, wh40kWA.exe and WinterAssault.exe to my soulstorm folder (not sure if this is needed at all)
5) uninstalled DoW Gold and DoW DC
6) double clicked on the 2 .reg files I made
7) should work

Now here are the steps that *you* (plural) should do:
1) only have Soulstorm installed
2) "maybe" make mock copies of darkcrusade.exe, wh40k.exe, wh40kWA.exe and WinterAssault.exe into the soulstorm folder (not sure if this is needed and if it would work)
3) download the .reg files attached to this post (they are saved as .txt files; change their extension to .reg)
4) *WARNING WARNING* there are several lines to change in both of these files. Do not install them (by double clicking on them) before you've edited them with notepad. In Dow.reg, you have to enter your first two cd keys (for dow original and dow winter assault) AND modify the InstallLocation line to where soulstorm is installed on your comp. In dowdc.reg, you have to enter your cd key and also put your soulstorm location as the InstallLocation. I have marked those lines with my own instructions within the quotes (i.e., FILL IN THE BLANKS, DON'T FORGET HYPHENS )
5) double click both .reg files
6) soulstorm should have all unlocked races (given valid keys of course).

This post has been edited by Mu0n: Mar 17 2008, 07:18 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  dow.txt ( 3.01k ) Number of downloads: 1085
Attached File  dowdc.txt ( 658bytes ) Number of downloads: 154

+Quote Post
Belial2003
post Mar 19 2008, 09:11 AM
Post #20

Cadet
Group Icon

Version 1.1 released, should now work with Vista 64bit, if you run it with admin-rights.

hf, tell me if it works, and send me beer ;)

+Quote Post
ownz0r
post Mar 20 2008, 07:08 AM
Post #21

Lance Corporal
Group Icon

Member No.: 85,643

tnx man..

+Quote Post
Comfort
post Mar 28 2008, 11:05 AM
Post #22

Corporal
Group Icon

DOW Replays: 16

Member No.: 30,685

Work gooooooood^^

+Quote Post
^SpArty
post Mar 28 2008, 11:25 AM
Post #23

Wonderfully contributive
Group Icon

DOW Replays: 60

Member No.: 98,034

Yes well done on this, but I'm not sending you beer I'm afraid since I'm a stinking drunk. I messed around with my registry a bit tried to do it myself but just ended up damaging a lot of stufff. This saved me!

I recommend it to anyone who doesnt want three games they dont play installed =D

+Quote Post
thepez
post Apr 14 2008, 07:00 AM
Post #24

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 99,729

QUOTE(Belial2003 @ Mar 11 2008, 03:35 PM)
In the last 2 nights I wrote a little application, which pretty much works the same way as the DCUnlocker made by Bilge.

You only need Soulstorm installed and it should work fine (hopefully).

I tested it under
Windows XP SP2 Prof 32bit
Vista Business 32bit (with and without SP1)
Vista Business 64bit (Unlocker Version 1.1)

Pls give me feedback (beer would be fine too *g*)

If there are any troubles some hints:
1) if you have used the DC Unlocker before, go to your Soulstorm directory and delete the following files IF they have no icons and 0 bytes: W40k.exe W40kWA.exe and DarkCrusade.exe (in fact you can delete them anyway, but it doesn't matter, if they are really the original exe from previous DoW versions)
2) if you have messed with your registry before (without properly knowing, what you are doing), fix it or simply reinstall Soulstorm and run the Unlocker again
3) If you get the error "/GraphicsConfig.exe could not be found..." and reinstalling Soulstorm does not help, then try the old version of the unlocker. I have no idea, why some people have a directory named "Wow6232Node" in their registry, which should only be existant in the 64bit version of Windows, and 'cause of the serious lack of received beer, i'm too lazy to update it.

EDIT:
v1.1 released, should now work smoothly with Vista 64bit, if you run it as admin
[attachmentid=26961]

thank you so much this has saved me so much space and time :) wish the company was smart enoughto jsut include somehtign like this

+Quote Post
Laquatus
post May 1 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #25

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

DOW Replays: 17

Member No.: 94,801

Soz mate border control drunk my beer :p

+Quote Post
Skycleanser
post Jun 8 2008, 03:54 PM
Post #26

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 100,325

Thank you! I've looked everywhere for something like this :D
Your the bees knees.
I owe you a bear :)

+Quote Post
Rob
post Jun 8 2008, 04:05 PM
Post #27

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

DOW Replays: 423

Member No.: 8,815

Got to use this. Thanx

+Quote Post
Ch3MiCaL
post Jun 12 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #28

Sergeant
Group Icon

DOW Replays: 13

Member No.: 86,524

Awesome, thanks a lot.

+Quote Post
Rob
post Jun 12 2008, 08:42 PM
Post #29

Lieutenant-General
Group Icon

DOW Replays: 423

Member No.: 8,815

Ok this may be a rediculous ? but since I installed SS can I now uninstall DoW, WA, and DC on my other rig or is that going to screw with the SS registry? Tanks

+Quote Post
AndrewC
post Jun 13 2008, 01:28 AM
Post #30

teh Hax0r scriptkiddie
Group Icon

DOW Replays: 71

Member No.: 15,325

its hardly screwing, only a moron could break thier computer by editign one key in the SS section of your registry >.>

+Quote Post

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicTopic Options
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Task

Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:12 AM
About Us  ·   Advertising  ·   Contact Us  ·   Terms of Use  ·   Privacy Policy